Arcadia World Cruise

Anything to do with World Cruises

Topic author
caravanners
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Arcadia World Cruise

Post by caravanners »

Returned yesterday from the last leg of the above cruise which we joined in San Francisco & thoroughly enjoyed. There were a lot of passengers who had done the whole trip very unhappy about missing a lot of ports of call & were planning a 'sit in' at Southampton. We were off the ship early so don't know if this took place. Has anybody head anything about this?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Arcadia World Cruise

Post by Manoverboard »

Hello and welcome

Probably their latest scheme to avoid paying the tips ... Ports are always missed, it's a fact of life.

ps ... they are probably whingeing on Facebook ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

The prospect of all the whingeing and moaning puts me right off all thoughts of a worldie. Some people are only happy when the are having a good old bleat !

Mrs Pugwash
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Mrs Pugwash »

I did see a post on Facebook the other day about people not happy with missing the ports! I think they had quite a lot of people at their meeting and were writing a letter to put forward to the management on board.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

There was a thread on Cruisecritic, apparently about 400 worldies held a meeting in the Crows Nest to express their displeasure about missing some ports.

I think the organisers of these sort of meetings are full of their own self importance. There'd be no way I'd go to a passenger organised meeting, it'd be full of pompous windbags!
Gill

swissmiss
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by swissmiss »

They should think themselves lucky they were on the cruise as I would have gladly swapped places with them. We were booked on the full 3 months and had to cancel 8 days before departure due to Doctor refusing my husband permission to travel due to being diagnosed with NH lymphoma. All we got back was 10% from P & O.

noddy10
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by noddy10 »

There is a lot of complaints about the cruise on cruise.co.uk

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Gill W wrote:
... I think the organisers of these sort of meetings are full of their own self importance. There'd be no way I'd go to a passenger organised meeting, it'd be full of pompous windbags!
That was certainly the case on X221 (Oriana) when the chosen few thought they were taking P&O to task re the NV epidemic on board.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Swissmiss

Sorry to hear about your husbands illness. Didn't you get the rest back from your insurance company?

I have not heard anything about the missing ports, why were they missed? I know that there were a good number of passengers choose to sail on this have sailed on Aurora before and decided to try Arcadia instead. I wonder if they now regret doing this?

skin8203
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by skin8203 »

caravanners wrote:
Returned yesterday from the last leg of the above cruise which we joined in San Francisco & thoroughly enjoyed. There were a lot of passengers who had done the whole trip very unhappy about missing a lot of ports of call & were planning a 'sit in' at Southampton. We were off the ship early so don't know if this took place. Has anybody head anything about this?
We have just got back on Aurora and missed out on Bora Bora. Does anyone know why Arcadia missed any ports?

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Welcome back Skin8203'

Hope you had a great cruise. We heard about Auroras engine problem and missing Bora Bora.

Arcadia missed all of the Argentina ports but this was to common knowledge that this would happen before they sailed. Argentina had stopped all British ships from docking because of the Falklands issues. Unfortunately Arcadia also missed the Falklands due to bad weather and it being a tender port. Acapulco was also cancelled because of it being a virtual war zone between gangs and deemed not safe. Again this was also common knowledge before the ship sailed.

Sue

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

We did the last leg and didn't see any problems onboard this morning. We really enjoyed it but there was a right old muddle with the baggage collection. It was our first disembarkation with priority labels but all the luggage was all over the place, none in the priority yellow-label pile.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
We did the last leg and didn't see any problems onboard this morning. We really enjoyed it but there was a right old muddle with the baggage collection. It was our first disembarkation with priority labels but all the luggage was all over the place, none in the priority yellow-label pile.
We have had this problem on all of our cruises since priority came in last year. At least one case has always been elsewhere. Three weeks ago 3 out of 4 cases were not where they should have been. When we found them they still had the priority labels on them.

Sue

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Suekersh wrote:
Quizzical Bob wrote:
We have had this problem on all of our cruises since priority came in last year. At least one case has always been elsewhere. Three weeks ago 3 out of 4 cases were not where they should have been. When we found them they still had the priority labels on them.

Sue
I hesitate to suggest this but we would have been far better getting off in the priority group but leaving the yellow labels off our cases. We would have had the whole of E deck pile to ourselves whilst the others were climbing over each other in the scrum at the bottom of the escalator.

sunlover
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sunlover »

Just an update for all of you who thought people were moaning on the world cruise for nothing. P&O had known for over a year they were not going to Argentina, they carried on miss selling the ports as a sales pitch.Many people not informed till arriving on the ship and also others only informed a few days before setting sail. No opportunity to cancel and no refunds given for missed ports.No port taxes refunded. Most of the people who were upset have taken P& O to task over this and are now many of them seeing court action. Do not dismiss this as few irrate people unhappy over nothing. Cases are ongoing and will continue to be so till they are all settled. Even Thomson have given passengers £50 each the last week for missed ports of call. P&O have themselves to blame for treating passengers like fools.
Lets hope they have learned a lesson and treat the world cruise passengers better this coming year. I hope so, as it will be a shame for those who spend a lifes savings to have such a bad cruise again.

Return to “World Cruises”