Dress Codes on Fred Olsen

Anything about Fred Olsen cruises

Topic author
Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Dress Codes on Fred Olsen

Post by Holiday Planner »

Can anyone advise on how much people adhere to dress codes on formal nights. My mum is going on the Black Watch on the Kirker music cruise next week. She was really looking forward to formal nights as she and my step-dad love dressing up. However, they have been advised by Kirker that no one bothers dressing up, and it's smart casual throughout! They have been told by Kirker to not take their 'Black Tie' stuff at all. I find this really confusing, as they will still be eating in the main dining room, even though thier group of about 100 will have their own section.

I've advised her to phone Fred Olsen but thought I'd ask here!
Angela

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Dress Codes on Fred Olsen

Post by Manoverboard »

Being part of a Group will be the driving force re dress codes but given the nature of the event I find ' smart casual ' to be simply amazing.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

I've been on four FO cruises and have found the formal nights on all of them to be not far off 100% observed.

lioness
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by lioness »

Same here - 100%

Topic author
Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Thank you for your replies. Mum comes back on Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it went, I'll let you know. In the end she phoned FO who assured her that people would be dressing up; but some of the Kirker passengers won't have been given the chance with the bad advice they were given by Kirker.
Angela

Topic author
Holiday Planner
Second Officer
Second Officer

Well, Mum got back today. She was glad she followed my advice and took her glad rags! She was also very happy that some people were turned away from the dining room for not being suitably dressed :twisted:

A couple of other observations she made - she and my step-father were disappointed by the food, which they described as soggy and uninteresting.
The ship was only just over half full (about 500 passengers), and opinion on board was that Fred Olsen would be scaling back their operation in the future.

They enjoyed the opportunity to visit parts of Scandinavia and Russia, but don't think they will cruise again. (Mum said she was very anxious when completely surrounded by sea - Andrew & I can't understand that ... it's one of the things we love about cruising!).
Angela

cruiseclues
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by cruiseclues »

Thank you for your information on the food. :)
Happy Cruising, Buil
http://Cruiseclues.com

Return to “Fred Olsen”