Reports about cruises on Oceana

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: E427 - the Canaries

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Thanks, Dai.

If we go back, we'll have to try that one. It was out of the question this time round as mum can't walk very far these days, so our activities had to take that into account.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

CaroleF wrote:
What a great report - loved the adventures of Izzy! Oceana is one of our two favourite ships - the other being Adonia - and we are on her again next March on a similar trip to the Canaries - I just hope it's all plain sailing in all ways. Glad you were able to enjoy your trip. Looking forward to the next review of Izzy's adventures!

Carole

Thanks, Carole.

Maybe we'll have to start taking the bear with us on our outings! Perhaps this time next year you'll be looking at a photo of him atop the Empire State Building. Our steward, Rochea, must have had a lot of fun doing this, and we expect he does this mainly for the kids who bring their soft toys with them.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Bunion
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bunion »

Alan, call me bonkers but this morning I have been eyeing up my own ancient bear who lives in my bedroom - well he is 67 this Friday (along with me), and was just wondering whether he deserved an outing to celebrate. Would have to sneak him into the suitcase or OH would really start to worry about my sanity. He is very small and bald (bear not OH - although....) and I wonder if Morocco would suit him, what with the sun and everything. But hey, you know, I just might treat him - and hope that we don't get the same poor cabin steward as you.

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Bunion wrote:
Alan, call me bonkers but this morning I have been eyeing up my own ancient bear who lives in my bedroom - well he is 67 this Friday (along with me), and was just wondering whether he deserved an outing to celebrate. Would have to sneak him into the suitcase or OH would really start to worry about my sanity. He is very small and bald (bear not OH - although....) and I wonder if Morocco would suit him, what with the sun and everything. But hey, you know, I just might treat him - and hope that we don't get the same poor cabin steward as you.

I'm sure your bear would thoroughly deserve an outing. I must say, though, that Casablanca lived down to my expectations and, should we ever sail into that port again, I'm not even getting off the ship.

I hope you have a very happy birthday on Friday.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Bunion
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bunion »

Oh dear, and I was looking forward to Casablanca too. Should we do a P & O excursion do you think then, as obviously wandering around on our own might be disappointing ? And what about Agadir? Don't tell me that's no good either ! This last minute break was supposed to be a treat.

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Bunion wrote:
Oh dear, and I was looking forward to Casablanca too. Should we do a P & O excursion do you think then, as obviously wandering around on our own might be disappointing ? And what about Agadir? Don't tell me that's no good either ! This last minute break was supposed to be a treat.
I don't know about Agadir, so can't comment on that. You MUST go on a P&O excursion in Casablanca, our CD at the time was most emphatic that you do not DIY that port. Your standards and expectations are almost certainly different from mine, so you will most likely thoroughly enjoy yourselves and think "what was that prat on about?". A party from our table went on an excursion to Marrakesh and thoroughly enjoyed it, but said it was a VERY long day.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Bunion wrote:
We did the trip to Rabat and can recommend that.

Bunion
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Bunion »

Thank you for your replies. Will be making a decision on excursions this afternoon, Rabat sounds very interesting.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Can also recommend Rabat excursion, did it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lindsey

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

Hello Alan, thank you for posting a very interesting report, loved the pictures of Izzy. Just one question, which port can you take the excursion to Marrakesh from, is it from Agadir or from Casablanca?

I visited Marrakesh back in 1984 and would love to go back but as David does not like to fly we have not been able to.

Regards

Lynda

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Lynda and David wrote:
Hello Alan, thank you for posting a very interesting report, loved the pictures of Izzy. Just one question, which port can you take the excursion to Marrakesh from, is it from Agadir or from Casablanca?

I visited Marrakesh back in 1984 and would love to go back but as David does not like to fly we have not been able to.

Regards

Lynda

Hi Lynda

Glad you enjoyed the report. We went to Casablance, which is where our table companions got the P&O coach from. They were absolutely pooped when they got back and didn't come down to dinner, even though they were on second sitting :shock:
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

Thanks Alan, I'll remember that for the future.

Regards

Lynda

Return to “Oceana Cruise Reports”