Opinions about Ventura

Discussions about anything related to Ventura

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Opinions about Ventura

Post by oldbluefox »

It is lovely to see children with their parents on formal evenings, and on other nights, whose parents have gone to some lengths to ensure the children are dressed to reflect the dress code.The kids look great, are thoroughly enjoying a sense of occasion and their parents look tremendously proud of their offspring. It was quite refreshing to see young families in abundance on a cruise and the children were a credit to them. I would have no hesitation in going on Ventura again although P&O's offering of fly cruises going around the same circuit all summer does not appeal.

Whiterdesign
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Whiterdesign »

I have been both on Azura and Ventura and personally like Ventura better. One of the main reasons is the roof. Went to Canaries on Azura last November obviously at that time of year weather is inclement for quite a few days on the cruise. Nobody was using the area around the pool which made the rest of the ship very busy. My thoughts were that if it had been on Ventura the roof would have been closed making this area usable thus relieving the overcrowding problem in the other areas.

ronay2006
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ronay2006 »

Our very first cruise was on Ventura in 2009 & loved it.
On again last year & nothing changed...Still loved it!
Going on Azura this year so will see what we make of it as it's basically the same BUT we will undoubtedly miss the Ramblas.

The tapas & wine at lunch time & the meals in the evening were truly scrumptious. Will keep an open mind about the Glass House until we try her.

Mr-big-bits-mk2
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Mr-big-bits-mk2 »

We were on Ventura Oct last year. With Vicki being disabled we were worried about children and running etc but with no need as all the kids onboard were perfectly behaved. It was the cruise were the top deck let go in BOB and it when off with a huge bang.

Overall we loved it but it seemed far more laid back than Arcadia and we did miss the semi formal nights that some other ships do. We're back on her this October and looking forward to trying the Retreat etc.

tylie37
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by tylie37 »

We have been on Ventura 4 times, the first 3 were fantastic, including a 3 nighter last July, the last one however did not match up but that was more to do with the passengers than with the ship.

Ventura is a family ship and that should be borne in mind when booking, too many times I have heard "It's not for us, it's too big". We like others enjoyed Ramblas and we're not that keen on the Glass House on Azura (too cold with odd chairs) however we are booked on N314 in June and hopefully the cruise will be as enjoyable as our first three.

Lollie
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lollie »

We went on Ventura for a 2-nighter with our family two years ago and enjoyed every moment. Due to our business we are unable to 'do' long cruises every year so have done quite a few short ones including four different four night breaks, these are very different to the two night ones, ours have been fantastic short holidays which seem more like a week than four nights. Sadly you tend to hear much more from those who complain than those who don't... we have just booked a fly-cruise on Ventura next year and although we loved Las Ramblas we are thrilled that there is now a Glasshouse restaurant/bar on her. Haev a fantastic celebration cruise holiday.

Topic author
gravy1955
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by gravy1955 »

Many thanks for everyone's input and opinion on Ventura. I realise reviews are very subjective, so I shall go with an open mind and intend to enjoy the cruise regardless.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

I'll be interested in what you think Gravy because we're intending a Getaway (there I've said it ) on Ventura next April/May

Biggest we've done so far was the Indy. Loved the ship but the final onboard bill was a bit of a shocker. :o

We've stuck with P&O since
Empty vessels .. and all that

paultheeagle
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by paultheeagle »

gravy :thumbup:

You mght find this interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxl7apcPTac

Ventura is a fantastic ship....have a wonderful cruise.

:wave:
Up The Palace

Rob Jackson
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rob Jackson »

Just about to go on our 8th and 9th Ventura cruises this summer. Azura twice so far, so it speaks for itself.

Islander
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Islander »

Ventura a great ship.Hope you have a wonderful time. We're both mid sixties and found it has something for every one, whatever their age.

Kaziebelle
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Kaziebelle »

Haven't got a problem with Ventura,have had problems in the past with some of the crew,mainly in clerk kind of positions,hopefully they have moved on and won't be so nauseating now!love everything else about the ship

Mr-big-bits-mk2
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Mr-big-bits-mk2 »

We did our October cruise. Ventura was as wonderfull as ever, the only gripe was that now that silver service (P&O's version of it anyway) has gone and the meals were tiny. One slice of beef, one spud and one piece of broccoli made up a main course. Tried asking for a large portion and got 2 spuds (were not talking jacket potatoes size but more of a golf ball). Other than that it was great, they even managed to show the F1.

CruiseLover30UK
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CruiseLover30UK »

Ok so i've not got another ship to compare it to as it was my first cruise but I thought the Ventura Ship was amazing! I'll still never forget that moment we came round the corner to board it and i'd never seen anything like it in my life, it was HUGE!

I couldn't find fault with it anywhere! Our cabin was lovely (I highly recommend a balcony), always kept clean and tidy by our lovely cabin steward. Every meal I had was delicious and the chocoholics event was to die for! There was plenty of entertainment on board, always something going on especially on sea days! In fact I loved the sea days, gave you plenty of time to rejuvenate after port days and was always very relaxing with the staff just not be able to do enough for you!

I really didn't want to go home, i'd love to go on the Ventura again some day but think i'd also like to try out some other ships too! The Ventura will always be very dear to me though as it was the ship my husband and I had our honeymoon on :D

Lollie
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lollie »

Glad you had such a great time, there really is nothing quite like the very first time you see your cruise ship holiday home as you board, especially for your first cruise, I still remember as if it were yesterday walking up the steps to board Arcadia in Barbados for our first 'proper' cruise, until then our only experience was a weekender celebration cruise.

CruiseLover30UK
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CruiseLover30UK »

It really is something when you've never been on one before and I think some people have been on so many they may take what a big thing it is for granted!

I've been wondering about the Arcadia Ship, it does look amazing! Agh I want to go away again! Some days when i'm fed up I just imagine i'm back on the Ventura again LOL :-)

Return to “About Ventura”