Shareholder benefits

Questions from those who are new to cruising

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shareholder benefits

Post by david63 »

GillD46 wrote:
Cunard told us it there simply is NO WAY for it to be done.
I think that is probably more along the lines of not wanting to rather than not being able to as it never seems to be a problem adding OBC when there has been a problem on board a ship and all passengers are given some OBC as compensation.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Gill,

I've had a similar silly amount of obc before, and no problems. However, I always take the final email etc from Karen Hawkins with me, and I always check up by getting a print out on the first morning.

I'm not worried, and if it goes wrong I'll sort it out when I get home - I've got more cruises booked, and it can be sorted out as and when.

As far as I'm concerned (especially where computers, accounting and reservations systems converge) there is absolutely no such word as "can't".

However, thanks for the kind advice.

Em ;)

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Sorry, Gill - just one further thing, this outing has been booked direct with the cruiseline from the very start, the obc has been shown in emails received from them on their 'logo headed' print out, and also the one with the final bit from Karen Hawkins is to hand also - and all now handily both stored on computer and in hard copy for the start of the cruise.

But still, thanks for your kind input.

Em ;)

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

david63 wrote:
GillD46 wrote:
Cunard told us it there simply is NO WAY for it to be done.
I think that is probably more along the lines of not wanting to rather than not being able to as it never seems to be a problem adding OBC when there has been a problem on board a ship and all passengers are given some OBC as compensation.
Well, yes in theory, but we also had it in writing from Southampton. But for us, it worked in our favour.
Gill

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Boris+ wrote:
Sorry, Gill - just one further thing, this outing has been booked direct with the cruiseline from the very start, the obc has been shown in emails received from them on their 'logo headed' print out, and also the one with the final bit from Karen Hawkins is to hand also - and all now handily both stored on computer and in hard copy for the start of the cruise.

But still, thanks for your kind input.

Em ;)
Then you're probably safe from incompetence - probably :lolno: although all our documentation showed it too.
Gill

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Oh well, time for a coffee and relax - I'm not going to worry, what will be - will be :!:

All I really want is the sea moving past the balcony, nothing on the horizon but sea - and to see some lovely friends.

Em :)

Lincoln18
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lincoln18 »

OBC. Bought a watch on Queen Elizabeth and was assured the price I paid was as good as I could get anywhere. I checked in ports and it seemed a good deal. When I was home I Googled it, Amazoned it etc. and I could not beat the price on the ship.
On Ventura this year no OBC. I emailed Karen Hawkins when I was back and she sorted it.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

They do appear to have a nice selection of watches onboard, but nothing I fancy.

Anyway, I'd find it hard to live with myself if I didn't share out my good fortune, afterall my 'reward' is simply the joy of watching the sea no matter what mood it is in.

Em :)

peppy92
Cadet
Cadet

Post by peppy92 »

Jumped onboard "pardon the pun" and bought shares last week.Better investment than in the bank my opinion only.

Regards
Pauline

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

One minor disappoitment I came across when for the first time I booked a longer cruise, 28 days Caribbean round trip, is that you receive no more shareholder OBC than for a 14 nighter.
Shame really you would think that Carnival could be a bit more generous. :( :problem:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

towny44 wrote:
One minor disappoitment I came across when for the first time I booked a longer cruise, 28 days Caribbean round trip, is that you receive no more shareholder OBC than for a 14 nighter.
Shame really you would think that Carnival could be a bit more generous. :( :problem:
That depends towny ... when we did the 28 day cruise we got double onboard credit. I posted this on the old P&O board and several people posted back saying they had only been given 14 days worth of OBC, but a few PMs later and they all had managed to get double :)

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

Just been looking at the annual report and saw that Shareholder OBC has been renewed for another year, yippee ;

"The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2015......Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.......This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc.......Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2015."

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Goodo - our shares have more than paid for themselves, so a great buy.
Gill

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

I've just been awarded my £60 for a twelve-nighter in June :)

Don't forget that you also get the dividends!

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
Don't forget that you also get the dividends!
True, the dividends were worth just over £60 last year (down from £95 for the previous year, and £60+ for the year before).

Now that we are coming out of the recession I reckon holiday providers will see a period of boom as some people start taking holidays again.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

We have done 2 28 night cruises. The first one was a b2B on Oceana in the Caribbean. Because we had a
Reference for each cruise we got 2 lots of Share OBC.

The 2nd one was a cruise sold only as a 28 night cruise and we only got one reference and 1 lot of OBC.

We have just done 50 nights on board Arcadia but although it was different legs of the World Cruise we only had one reference so therefore 1 lot of OBC for the shares.

Sue

Dennis The Menace
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Dennis The Menace »

That's a shame sue, I had hoped different sectors meant different references/OBC.

Oh well, I'm just greedy/tight (delete as applicable) ;)

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Dennis, you can book separate legs of the cruise then you would get different references but that would cost a lot more than the £150 per leg share holder benefit is worth.

Not tight or greedy just careful lol.

Sue. X

jay-ell71
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jay-ell71 »

What's a "reference" ?
Jay

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Cruise booking number or reference. This is what you quote to claim your shareholder OBC.

Sue

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

When claiming my shareholder bit, I always provide the cruise number, booking number and departure date.

Em

jay-ell71
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jay-ell71 »

Ohh I seeeee! Two cruises back to back = two "references" Thank you.
Jay

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Just seen the latest share prices for Carnival and RCI ... Carnival is at £28.59 ... RCI is at $82.35 (approx. £53).
I wonder where these are going to top out?

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

P&O seem to be trialing/using a new app called StockPerks for claiming OBC. Seemed to work OK for me but has some quirks ... saves having to email and provide proof to get OBC ... just claim it through the app (once set up they can check with broker if you still hold the shares).

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Thank for the info Ken. Nice to see you back.

I’ll take a look. Where do yo get the app from?
Last edited by Stephen on 26 Jan 2024, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New to Cruising”