Excursions at ports

Ventura cruises in 2014

Topic author
joshua14
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Excursions at ports

Post by joshua14 »

Hi all booked to go on ventura in July sailing from venice calling at kotor Corfu Corsica and port for Rome as we are first time cruisers I have two questions any idea what time the ship sails out of port in venice on our first day as I am wondering once we have gone through security etc would we have time to disembark and have a quick tour of venice ? And also which excursions are the best value for money at the other ports ?

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Excursions at ports

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Hi Joshua,

Ships usually sail around 16:30 to 17:30 but circumstances might cause a later sailing, when we sailed from there on Royal Caribbean about 12 years ago we didn't leave until about 19:00. Personally I doubt you'll have much time for a tour, depending on the ships berth it can take an hour to get into St Marks Square or the Rialto and you'll be looking at your watch all the time.

Topic author
joshua14
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by joshua14 »

Thanks quizzical bob your probably right I guess we are eager to capture as much as we can 8-)

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

when we did a fly cruise with P&O- we flew to Barcelona and had time for afternoon tours.....

when the excursions are published you'll have a better idea
Meg
x

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

If P&O run tours direct from the ship's side then you may be in with a chance.

daveoc14
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by daveoc14 »

As Venice is an embarkation port on the new fly-cruises it will probably not leave until later than normal, I've seen mention of 8pm.

The time you will have available is dependent on the time of your flight out, I've seen mention of the early flights getting to the ship not long after 10am, which would leave plenty of time to get off and have a quick look around.

gouty-man
Cadet
Cadet

Post by gouty-man »

Looking on the CruiseTT site, all Ventura departures from Venice are shown as being 8:30pm. Probably all back on board by 8pm...

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Excursions at ports

Post by Quizzical Bob »

gouty-man wrote:
Looking on the CruiseTT site, all Ventura departures from Venice are shown as being 8:30pm. Probably all back on board by 8pm...
No problems with a run ashore, then. Whether you'll feel up to it after an early start is another question! I'm sure P&O won't miss an opportunity to run some excursions and squeeze a bit more juice out of the lemons ;)

Topic author
joshua14
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by joshua14 »

Thanks for all the replies I guess we can plan more detail nearer the time ..quite excited

finbar103
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by finbar103 »

Hi Joshua 14
We are booked on Ventura in October! It's also our 1st cruise ! Let me know what it was like. ? I've only ever been on the ferries to Spain,France,holland! Cheers !
Using Tapatalk

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Welcome to the site finbar. Hope you have a wonderful time on Ventura but suffice to say she is nothing like a ferry so it should be a whole new experience.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. There are plenty on here who will be only too pleased to help you.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Hi finbar and welcome
Your first cruise is always special, no matter what ship it is on .. and Ventura is a great ship ... and massively different to a ferry (think of comparing McD's to a quality restaurant). You wil be amazed at the size of the ship and the public areas on board as well as the entertainment and food. When do you go?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Check out Cruise Personaliser ... if there is a tour listed for Venice on your Cruise then you have time.

ps ... Hello and Welcome

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

joshua14 wrote:
Hi all booked to go on ventura in July sailing from venice calling at kotor Corfu Corsica and port for Rome as we are first time cruisers I have two questions any idea what time the ship sails out of port in venice on our first day as I am wondering once we have gone through security etc would we have time to disembark and have a quick tour of venice ? And also which excursions are the best value for money at the other ports ?
I was on this same cruise three weeks ago. We sailed from Venice at 7.00 pm.

Yes you would have time to go ashore and see some of Venice. You may like to have a look at this as a guide...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 ... do-venice/

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2014”