Ventura cruises in 2014

Topic author
Caretaker
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Cabins

Post by Caretaker »

Advice please
My first cruise is in Sept flying to Venice, we paid £60 to reserve a an inside cabin and we have just been upgraded to the Riveira deck. What I would like to know are all inside cabins the same if so are we only benefitting from a higher deck or are there other benefits? 8-)

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Cabins

Post by Manoverboard »

Inside cabins are all graded and an upgrade within that ' cabin ' grade simply means that you have indeed moved up a deck or three ... it is considered by some, albeit not by me ;), to be ever so posh to be on a higher deck rather than a lower one.

ps ... Hello and welcome

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Lollie
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lollie »

Take a look at the deckplans against your cabin number. On Azura and Ventura there are some large inside cabins on Riviera deck, six of them I think. When on Azura we asked to look inside one on disembarkation morning, the layout was completely different to the other inside cabins. I actually really liked it, the bed ran parallel to the corridor rather than backing on to the wall opposite the door, the one we looked in the bed was left of the door, the foot of the bed just about level with the hinge side of the door. Loads of room to walk round the bed, an sort of island on the right hand side with the dressing table, tv etc and behind that a row of wardrobe cupboards, with doors, which you walked past to reach the bathroom. You never know you might be lucky, I would assume that as the ships are almost identical those cabins would be similar.
Other than that the inside ones are the same but are perfectly functional. We are doing a September Ventura cruise and have booked an inside cabin hoping that the weather will be as fantastic as it was two years ago around the same time. We had sunshine all day every day for sixteen days and quite literally used our cabin for changing and sleeping the rest of the time we were out on deck or walking about on shore.
Hope you have a fantastic time, your first cruise is always very special. :D

Topic author
Caretaker
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Caretaker »

Thanks man over and Lollie,
Just more thing for now are the gala evening in both select and freedom dining
We are going "Freedom" , do you have to go early for these evenings.

Roll on September. :wave:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

By select do you mean those restaurants that attract an additional charge? If so then on "gala" nights the dress code will apply (usually black tie) but the menu will normally be the same menu as for any other night of that week's menu.

If, on the other hand, you are referring to select as the main alternative to Freedom then it is called club dining and both club and freedom will have the same menu on "gala" nights as, in fact, they will do every other night.

As for going early - I don't think that there is any basis for this one way or the other. it will all depend on what happens on the night. The one thing that I would say is that gala nights quite often coincide with other events (Captain's Welcome party, Peninsular party, etc) so it could be that Freedom will get busy later.

Lollie
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lollie »

We changed to freedom dining for dinner in the main dining room a couple of cruises ago because it suits us, it is what it says 'freedom' , we wander down to the restaurant when we are ready, vary the time within about an hour, any time between 7.45 and 8.45pm depending on our plans for the evening or indeed what we have done during the day. Rest assured that if you do want to dine only with your travelling companions and not share a table you only have to state that when booking into the dining room, if a table is not available at that precise moment you will be given a pager so that you can go and have a drink whilst you wait, once the table is ready you will be paged by the restaurant. We work with the public six days a week and our holiday is 'our' time, we enjoy spending it together as a couple, rest assured if you were to spot us in the restaurant we would not be sitting staring into space ignoring each other, we chat about everything and nothing! As has been said the Gala menu is the same in all of the main dining rooms whether club or freedom, the Select venues, ie those with a cover charge have their own menus. Obviously if you book at a Select Dining venue eg The White Room you do it as you would at home, book the time and turn up, no pager required.

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2014”