Reports about cruises on Aurora

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Re: R303, "In Search of the Northern Lights" March 2023 part 1

Post by Onelife »

Ray B wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 21:07
Onelife wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 09:30
I would like to back track slightly on what I said in an earlier post…Lindsey could walk out of a restaurant with a bottle on her head and still add to the ambience of the place…just saying :angel: :)
That reminds me of the calls to Antigua. As you entered the cruise port there use to be a Caribbean lady dancing to Reggae music with a pineapple balanced on her head. Sadly she hasn't been there (when we called) for the last few years.
Many cruisers will remember her.
That gota beat a bottle on the head :thumbup: :wave:

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

cruisin_duo wrote: 19 Apr 2023, 13:27
We read this review with interest. This is one of our bucket list cruises, and we were due to go in March 2020, which was of course cancelled. Booked again for 2021, and the cruise was cancelled again. Chose other types of holiday instead, but hopefully we will get there one day.

Great review, thank you.
Thank you, cruisin_dou, glad you enjoyed it. I'm covid-free now, but my wife is still testing positive.

We knew before we went, of course, that seeing the Northern Lights is by no means a certainty, but apparently passengers on the previous cruise, 12 days earlier, had had some excellent sightings without even leaving the ship. You have probably heard "if only you had been here last week"! Actually, it did seem as though we were very much at the end of the "season" so maybe early March would be better than late. Who knows?

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Kaymar, I posted about this a couple of years ago but I don’t think many believed me. :shock: When I was about 8 years old, I witnessed the aurora borealis in my home town of Henley -in Arden, near Stratford-upon-Avon… it is one of those things that you never forget, indeed I know where I was standing when I witnessed it…just outside the phone box close to our house. With recent sightings in the UK I hope I have restored my reputation for telling the truth. :thumbup: :D

Topic author
kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Onelife wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 11:40
Hi Kaymar, I posted about this a couple of years ago but I don’t think many believed me. :shock: When I was about 8 years old, I witnessed the aurora borealis in my home town of Henley -in Arden, near Stratford-upon-Avon… it is one of those things that you never forget, indeed I know where I was standing when I witnessed it…just outside the phone box close to our house. With recent sightings in the UK I hope I have restored my reputation for telling the truth. :thumbup: :D
Well, I believed you, onelife, still do ;) There were good sightings a month or so ago not two miles from our house. I'm certainly not going to the Arctic Circle again, that's for sure. :x : Flippin' freezin' it was :lol:
Last edited by kaymar on 20 Apr 2023, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Aurora Cruise Reports”