Post by Mervyn and Trish »

No. An oxymoron is a dumb cow

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Limelight Club

Post by screwy »

Well i have to say that we went to the Limelight Club twice and thouroughly enjoyed it on both occassions.
The guys playing Eric & Ern were really very good and also Madelaine Bell from Blue Mink fame.
We would definately recommend this Venue. The food was excellent even tho it was a limited menu and the service was very good.
All in all, well done P&O, perhaps this could be rolled out across the fleet, dificult i know but maybe when Ships are in for Re-fits they could work it in somewhere.
Mel

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Glad you enjoyed ut Screwy, we certainly did.
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We saw the Morecambe and Wise act there. The act was good but it was obvious the wait staff in in total disarray. We were the first to be served our starters but some people were on their dessert and we still hadn't received our main course. When we eventually got our mains they got our entire table wrong and pretty much everyone else had finished their desserts by the time we received our main course. It actually started to feel a bit awkward as they delayed the show for about half an hour so as we could finish our meals.

The other thing to be aware of is that the floor is flat and, as usual people who are over 6'6" or built like the side of a barn always insist on grabbing the front seats, so those of us with more modest dimensions who are further back struggle to see.

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

No such problems for us Ken. They served the pre-starter then the starter followed by the mains. When everyone had finished their mains the Act came and performed for about 15 mins. The deserts were served then following the Coffees' and everything cleared away the Act came back and did about an hour, everything run like clockwork.
Mel

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Glad to bear that Screwy ... Sounds like they may have ironed out the problems. Having read back my post it actually reads a lot more negative than i had wanted. Overall we did enjoy the evening, and i fully intend to revisit the Limelight next time we are onboard.

Return to “About Britannia”