Britannia B523

Post by daib GC »

We have booked any other takers.

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Britannia B523

Post by bassman67 »

Yes, we booked today. The 16th October will be our 50th anniversary and it's going to be a blast!

Topic author
daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

bassman67 wrote:
Yes, we booked today. The 16th October will be our 50th anniversary and it's going to be a blast!
Excellent, so that's a party then :lol:

Gan Canny

Dai

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Definitely. We've asked for a table of 8 on first sitting, so look for the champagne on that evening and join us for a glass or later in one of the bars. Ruby is half-Geordie (her mum was from North Warbottle), so she enjoys the odd glass or two on a special occasion.

Topic author
daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

bassman67 wrote:
Definitely. We've asked for a table of 8 on first sitting, so look for the champagne on that evening and join us for a glass or later in one of the bars. Ruby is half-Geordie (her mum was from North Warbottle), so she enjoys the odd glass or two on a special occasion.

Your on, but no idea which bar will be best. Need to try them all to get the best one :lol:

Gan Canny

Dai

sunsetsail2night
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by sunsetsail2night »

I am also on this cruise. Also booked for B605 and B606. Before the Britannia cruises I have two booked on Aurora and one on Oceana. So looking forward to seeing Britannia.

Brenda

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

sunsetsail2night wrote:
I am also on this cruise. Also booked for B605 and B606. Before the Britannia cruises I have two booked on Aurora and one on Oceana. So looking forward to seeing Britannia.

Brenda
We have been looking at B605 ... nice itinerary

sunsetsail2night
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by sunsetsail2night »

It would be good to see you again Ken. Been a long time since we met at the get together on the Oceana month Christmas cruise in the Caribbean.

Brenda

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Only 13 months to go. It will be great to try another ship with the P&O feel.

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

I've just noticed that a GE balcony is now £1759 instead of the £1549 we paid in April. Are they increasing prices to drop them later?

Topic author
daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

bassman67 wrote:
I've just noticed that a GE balcony is now £1759 instead of the £1549 we paid in April. Are they increasing prices to drop them later?
This is standard practice. Prices are always higher at some point between booking opening and sailing. I have always said book early or book late, never in the middle.

However bookings must be going well as they tend not to do this if a sailing is not selling.

I would imagine that they have a projected sales curve for each cruise. This way they should be able to target the ones they need to push.

Gan Canny

Dai

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

We are on B523

Topic author
daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Welcome Allatc. A very select band.

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

:cry: Due to illness in the family we are going to have to cancel our booking on Britannia cruise B523 9 - 23 October.

According to the P&O T&C's we can assign the booking to someone else which would avoid losing the deposit, just an amendment fee.
(Has anyone ever done this ?)

We have cabin A511 with Freedom Dining.

Anyone interested ?

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

That's a shame allatc, as far as I'm aware P&O will allow you transfer a cruise to a later date, would this be an option for you ?? perhaps look at something for 2016, I believe any amendment has to be a higher price but this could be as little as £1.

Does your insurance not cover loss of deposit ??
Jo

Topic author
daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

allatc wrote:
:cry: Due to illness in the family we are going to have to cancel our booking on Britannia cruise B523 9 - 23 October.

According to the P&O T&C's we can assign the booking to someone else which would avoid losing the deposit, just an amendment fee.
(Has anyone ever done this ?)

We have cabin A511 with Freedom Dining.

Anyone interested ?

That is a shame. But as DQ says you can transfer to a later date as long as it is more expensive.

Dai

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
... as far as I'm aware P&O will allow you transfer a cruise to a later date, would this be an option for you ?? perhaps look at something for 2016, I believe any amendment has to be a higher price but this could be as little as £1 ...
We did this a few years back but I have no idea if it can still be done this way.

In our case the cruise was cancelled and a replacement booked, it needed to be slightly more expensive and to be booked for a departure date within one year. We also had to pay a £100 Admin fee but that was a small cost compared to the original £800> deposit ... which we did not lose.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Thanks for the advice.

Trouble is I'm not sure when / if we would be able to take up a future cruise.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Hi Allatc. You say it's family illness. I presume you've looked into whether your travel insurance covers it? I guess it depends how close a relation is involved.

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Hi Allatc. You say it's family illness. I presume you've looked into whether your travel insurance covers it? I guess it depends how close a relation is involved.
Not close enough. My daughters father in law has had a stroke. We have been sharing child minding between us. He is the one who drives when they are on duty picking up the kids from school, they live across town. Also at this early stage its not clear how good a recovery he is going to make so his wife could have her hands full just seeing to him.

We could hang on a bit and see how things work out but we are getting close to the cut off date where we start to lose not only the deposit but also a percentage of the whole fare.

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

According to our invoice, P&O final payment date is 11th July. If you booked through a TA they may ask for payment 4 weeks before, but the actual cut-off is the 11th. We would have similar problems with grand children, but I'm sure there must be a work around solution for you. Can't either parent take some leave?

Topic author
daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

bassman67 wrote:
According to our invoice, P&O final payment date is 11th July. If you booked through a TA they may ask for payment 4 weeks before, but the actual cut-off is the 11th. We would have similar problems with grand children, but I'm sure there must be a work around solution for you. Can't either parent take some leave?
Yes our TA asks for the full amount this Friday 29th. Not a lot of time to make this kind of decision.

Dai

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Im sure a solution could be found for the childcare arrangement's to cover your cruise. Perhaps the parents between them could take some leave, especially as you are all supporting them by looking after the children. Personally I would pay the balance, things may change by the time you sail.

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Just heard that my good mate Sy is going on this cruise too. he said it was either the Canaries on his own or B523 with someone he knows. Good choice, I think!

bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

B523 has a Facebook page set up by daib GC, which has more than 50 members.

Return to “Britannia Cruises 2015”