Fred Olsen Pricing

Anything about Fred Olsen cruises

Topic author
anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Fred Olsen Pricing

Post by anniec »

I've actually got a cruise-related question!

We normally cruise with Cunard and P&O and have grown accustomed to their current pricing method, ie the website price is just about the best you can get, although it's usually possible to squeeze 5-7% out of a tame t/a.

However, we're looking at a Fred Olsen cruise and would like to know if their policy is similar, ie travel agents get around 10% commission which is fair game for sharing out, or if there's more flexibility on pricing.
I'd also like to know if any particular travel agents are recommended specifically for FO cruises, both in terms of pricing and expertise.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Fred Olsen Pricing

Post by CaroleF »

We are booked with FO at the moment. I must admit I didn't shop around. We only booked about 3 months ago for a cruise in September. We knew the itinerary interested us, we'd not been on FO for a long time and are interested in seeing how we feel about them after being with P&O for so many cruises. I just phoned Bolsover who we usually use, spoke to my usual Cruise Consultant, told her which grade of cabin we wanted, unfortunately sold out so had to take the next one down. From looking at FO's prices I would say they are more expensive than P&O for what you get for your money. The cabins are all small apart from the largest suites, which are very expensive - more so than we've paid on P&O anyway. I don't know if any travel agents are specifically recommended for FO, we tend to stick to Bolsover as we've always had really good service from them.

Topic author
anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Fred Olsen Pricing

Post by anniec »

So sorry I forgot about this thread, so many thanks, Carole, and apologies for delay in thanking you.

I can now answer my own question, as I've managed to squeeze 12% discount on a FO cruise out of a travel agent. Went in aiming at my usual, and rather optimistic, 7% and rapidly realised I was being too generous when the first t/a rapidly agreed to it.
Last edited by anniec on 23 Aug 2017, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fred Olsen”