QM2

Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

QM2

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Looking at the deck plans on the Cunard website, I'm asked to download one file if I'm sailing before 16 May and another if sailing after 16 May. I can't see any difference between the two.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: QM2

Post by Dancing Queen »

I'm not sure Alan but I think some of the cabin grades are changing, I don't have the new brochure yet so can't compare the two.
Jo

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Thanks, Jo. It won't affect us, as we've got our "usual" cabin on Deck 5 back for October 2015.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Well my theory has just gone out of the window Alan as I've downloaded the deck plans for after May and compared them to the current brochure and there is no difference, how strange !!
Jo

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Probably a Carnival IT "glitch" :shock:

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

I've just obtained a copy of the latest brochure for my mum, who's hoping to do a Christmas market cruise with my sister in December, and I noticed that one of the shows is "A Slice of Saturday Night".

Does anyone know if this is the excellent Heather Brothers' musical?
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

No idea Alan but we did the Xmas market cruise on QE last year and it was wonderful so sure your mum will enjoy it if she books :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jo

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Thanks, Jo. It would be my sister's first cruise. I think mum would be overwhelmed by the size of the QM2 - she still struggles with Oceana!!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Looking at the dining options on QM2 (for the steerage pax such as me), we're getting conflicting information from the Cunard website. One bit seems to indicate that the Kings Court buffet area is now charging a supplement for the evening meal, another doesn't. I thought it was just Todd English that charged extra. Also, it seems that the English Carvery part of Kings Court is no more, but they've now introduced an Indian restaurant in that area for the evening, retaining the Oriental and Italian areas.

Does anyone have recent knowledge/experience, please?
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Alan,

The 'new' CEO is wrecking Cunard - too many cuts, and this deck plan lark is work in progress for changing the cabin grades and upping the cost.

It used to be on QM2 that the only place to pay extra for an evening meal was Todd, and the alternative places in the Kings Court area, but I gather that things are changing.

Overall, sadly, our impression is that Cunard is slipping badly downhill, and there's no way I'm willing to pay for QG and suffer the current poor levels of service.

Fingers crossed that you have a great time.

All the best.

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Thanks, Em. I'll post a review of the trip when we get back.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
Looking at the dining options on QM2 (for the steerage pax such as me), we're getting conflicting information from the Cunard website. One bit seems to indicate that the Kings Court buffet area is now charging a supplement for the evening meal, another doesn't. I thought it was just Todd English that charged extra. Also, it seems that the English Carvery part of Kings Court is no more, but they've now introduced an Indian restaurant in that area for the evening, retaining the Oriental and Italian areas.

Does anyone have recent knowledge/experience, please?
Hi Alan

I have a friend who was on QM2 a couple of weeks ago so I will email and ask the question for you.
Jo

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Thanks, Jo!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Hi Alan here is her reply.

The lunch time carvery was there as was a jolly good 'Chef's Kitchen' separate area which served pizza slices or your own pizza to order. Excellent, Next to that but also still in the C.K. is the burger bar. It looked brilliant. There is a pay for restaurant area in KC of an evening and that depends on the day. It can be Asian/ Indian or 'normal. I haven't been up in KC for dinner but have for the excellent midnight buffet which has different offerings each night.

As she says there is a pay for restaurant 'area' I would read this to mean for a specific Menu and there are still other options for those who don't want to use the MDR, I haven't eaten in the buffet at night but if I have walked through it always seems very popular so I can't imagine they would take the choice away.
Jo

Topic author
Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Many thanks, Jo. Please thank your friend for me too!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Alan, the main buffet is free in the evenings, just as P&O. But the Specialty area is at a supplement - my memory says $15pp but I may be wrong - well worth it though.

Enjoy your trip.
Gill

Return to “Cunard”