The Three Queens in Lisbon.

Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
Delboy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

The Three Queens in Lisbon.

Post by Delboy »

Here is a link to a number of photo's of the 3 Queens in Lisbon heading for Southampton.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... ether.html

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: The Three Queens in Lisbon.

Post by Dancing Queen »

Thanks for that Delboy as a Cunard fan it was particularly interesting to me.

It's the first time the 3 Queens have been together since June 2012 when they were all in Southampton for the Queens Jubilee, I was there for that one when we boarded QV for a 17 night cruise to the Adriatic.
Jo

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Dancing Queen wrote:
Thanks for that Delboy as a Cunard fan it was particularly interesting to me.

It's the first time the 3 Queens have been together since June 2012 when they were all in Southampton for the Queens Jubilee, I was there for that one when we boarded QV for a 17 night cruise to the Adriatic.
I was in Mayflower park that night as my grandson wanted to see them sail ... I have never been so wet and cold and the fireworks were a haze thorough the cloud and rain.. and to top it all the Red Arrows were cancelled :tired: We had decided to stay at the Novotel that night and upon return to the hotel, I had to have a bath to thaw out and also had to throw my shoes away as they were waterlogged (stupid little ballerina style in torrential rain.. no wonder!!!) I am sure you remember it well DQ....!!
Jenni

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I certainly do Jenni the weather was atrocious although we still did sail away on our balcony with a bottle of champers, we felt we got 'short changed' as we should have had a decent view of the fireworks then QM2 moved into position and completely blocked QV although with the rain and cloud we wouldn't have seen that much.

I wasn't too disappointed not seeing the Red Arrows as I used to live quite close to RAF Finningley and they were there most years at the Air Show, I could sit in my garden and have a wonderful view.
Jo

Return to “Cunard”