Britannia Club dining table allocation

Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Britannia Club dining table allocation

Post by Gill W »

In 2021, it’s our 40th wedding anniversary and my husband’s 70th birthday, so we’ve decided to do a ‘special’ cruise.

This afternoon, I’ve been on the phone to Cruise Kings, and have pre registered for a 19 night cruise to Venice on Queen Victoria. As this is a celebratory cruise, we’ve booked a Britannia Club cabin.

I asked for the booking to be noted with our request for a table for 2. However, the person I spoke to at Cruise Kings said this wasn’t necessary- the way he described it, it was like P&O freedom dining, and you show up each night and you are allocated a table on the night.

I’m not sure if this is true - everything I’ve read suggests that you get a table allocated to you for the whole cruise.

For those of you who are familiar with Cunard, please could you clarify how the Britannia Club table allocation works in practice

Many thanks
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Britannia Club dining table allocation

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

My understanding is that Britannia Club works just like the main Britannia restaurant, with allocated tables, but it is single sitting so you can turn up at a dining time to suit yourself (in the same way as the Grills but without the Grills menu or price!)

We were on Victoria this year and the BC restaurant is beautiful.

Midlandslass
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Midlandslass »

Gill W wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 16:53
In 2021, it’s our 40th wedding anniversary and my husband’s 70th birthday, so we’ve decided to do a ‘special’ cruise.

This afternoon, I’ve been on the phone to Cruise Kings, and have pre registered for a 19 night cruise to Venice on Queen Victoria. As this is a celebratory cruise, we’ve booked a Britannia Club cabin.

I asked for the booking to be noted with our request for a table for 2. However, the person I spoke to at Cruise Kings said this wasn’t necessary- the way he described it, it was like P&O freedom dining, and you show up each night and you are allocated a table on the night.

I’m not sure if this is true - everything I’ve read suggests that you get a table allocated to you for the whole cruise.

For those of you who are familiar with Cunard, please could you clarify how the Britannia Club table allocation works in practice

Many thanks
Yes you are quite correct, you get an allocated table for the whole cruise.

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Thank you Mervyn and Midlandslass, you've clarified this nicely.

I've sent an email to the Cruise Kings rep to get my table for 2 request added.
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

A table for two will be more or less guaranteed if requested, you just turn up during the allocated dining times and your table will be ready and waiting it is your table for the duration, we haven't tried 'Club' but I believe there is also an A La Carte menu available ( no extra charge ) in addition to the main menu which is the same as the Britannia restaurant.

The restaurant is beautifully set out I don't think you will be disappointed.
Last edited by Dancing Queen on 23 Sep 2019, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Jo

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Dancing Queen wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 21:15
A table for two will be more or less guaranteed if requested, you just turn up during the allocated dining times and your table will be ready and waiting it is your table for the duration, we haven't tried 'Club' but I believe there is also an A La Carte menu available ( no extra charge ) in addition to the main menu which is the same as the Britannia restaurant.

The restaurant is beautifully set out I don't think you will be disappointed.
I've seen pictures and a film of the restaurant (and other parts of the ship) - it looks absolutely stunning
Gill

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

It does Gill.
You'll have a great time.
Like you, we much prefer a table for two because we still enjoy each others company.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Earlier I heard from Cruise Kings, they've booked my third choice cabin, so it looks as if this cruise will be very popular.

He also said he'd requested the table for two, and by the window too.

Like you Barney, we enjoy each other's company and having a table for two means we can eat at our own pace, and not have to sit and watch while people eat their way through courses we're not having!
Gill

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have travelled BC once, though on QM2. Our first outing on her actually. It’s a lovely experience and the BC restaurant in QV is stunning. I am sure you’ll enjoy it.
Gill

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Our friends have done BC a couple of times, although not on QV.

I feel very excited about this cruise, even though it's two years to go!
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Gill W wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 12:52
Earlier I heard from Cruise Kings, they've booked my third choice cabin, so it looks as if this cruise will be very popular.

He also said he'd requested the table for two, and by the window too.

The Adriatic cruise is always very popular because Cunard only go there a couple of times a year, I wish they would do more cruises of maybe 17 to 22 night Med /Adriatic cruises there are so many more ports they could cover with those few extra days.

So pleased you got your cabin choice.
Jo

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Gill W wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 16:47
Our friends have done BC a couple of times, although not on QV.

I feel very excited about this cruise, even though it's two years to go!
Gill if you are on FB there is a great group where you will pick up lots of good information about Cunard.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MoreCunardCritic/
Jo

Topic author
Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Thank you.

I'm not a big Facebooker, although I do have a sign in.

I think I will join the group, to see what they are saying, and pick up information. I also look at the Cruise Critic Cunard board, which has been helpful.

Thanks again :D
Gill

Return to “Cunard”