Baltics booked

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Baltics booked

Post by Dark Knight »

We have booked a cruise with Celebrity aboard the Eclipse ,to the Baltics, for 14 nights and due to the excellent deals on offer we have a balcony, free drinks and tips included for what we think is a very good price :thumbup:

So it's back to Southampton and 3 formal nights and smart casual. Ah well cant have everything :lol:
Nihil Obstat

ItsmeAnnC
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Baltics booked

Post by ItsmeAnnC »

Hope you enjoy it DK. Celebrity certainly have the edge at the moment with free drinks, gratuities and only £150 deposit - not to mention being able to transfer the deposit to another cruise - more than once - should it be necessary, for a small admin fee and no terms. Oh and the superior food, service, cleanliness, late port departures, etc. ;)

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

We did the Baltic on Eclipse last year DK, had a great time on a lovely ship.

If the price decreases then Celebrity offer a price match and reduce your fare; our TA did this for us twice.

We also did Freedom Dining, a table for 2 every night whenever we arrived at the MDR.

Topic author
Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

I am a bit confused about a couple of things
firstly we have free gratuities as part of the deal, does this mean we don't pay the service charge per drink, for our drinks package?
secondly apart from the MDR, buffet etc, are all the other eateries payable ? and how much are they ?

it's all a bit different to Thomson etc
Nihil Obstat

ItsmeAnnC
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by ItsmeAnnC »

They don't add the 15% drinks gratuities out of Southampton, and you don't pay them anyway on a free drinks package.
Yes, all other eateries are payable, and we've tried them all. They try to get you to book early but if you wait there are often BOGOF deals or reduced at any rate. To be honest, the food in the MDR is so good we don't feel it is necessary to eat elsewhere. Having tried all the paying outlets we wouldn't bother again, but others love them. It's purely subjective.

ItsmeAnnC
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by ItsmeAnnC »

Sorry, didn't answer your question fully. I can't remember the cost, possibly $25 each? But, taking into account what you are paying anyway for your board, and remembering that the fee is extra to that, I'm not sure it's worth it - but then I think that about P&O, too. If you get a deal as per my previous post, then I think I'd go for it if you haven't been before.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi DK,

Me being me (fusspot etc), I always fully inspect the 'invoices' or booking confirmations (depending on which cruise line), and I've noted that with our Celebrity bookings that initially they put the gratuity fee in the invoice (and charge you for it), and then send you a second invoice with the relative amount contra entered to effectively remove it.

I know you're not new to booking, but please do make sure that if they've offered you free grats that you get that second invoice which should show the amendment I've mentioned.

Em

Return to “Celebrity”