No more luggage labels being sent by post by Celebrity Cruises.

Anything about Celebrity cruises

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: No more luggage labels being sent by post by Celebrity Cruises.

Post by GillD46 »

Boris+ wrote:
I'm glad that everyone seems to have got their paperwork and luggage labels all sorted out.

Hoping that everyone has a lovely time - it would have been nice to try and have a coffee in Southampton, Gill - however I reckon that you are going to be a bit preoccupied, but I wish you a smooth disembarkation and check-in on that day.
We are definitely going to be having coffee at JL on 10th if you are around between 9am and 11am Em.
Gill

Topic author
Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Hi Gill,

If I can get everything resolved and our luggage etc is doing what it's supposed to be doing between those times I'll try. The forecast is for rain in Southampton on 10th!

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Dark Knight wrote:
as a slight aside but not off topic, for our upcoming boat trip, we have so received a pre cruise booklet, explaining all the dress codes, excursions, drinks packages , parking and embarkation procedures
then another letter confirming our upgrade along 4 luggage labels, all colour coded with details of our boarding time plus parking voucher for the car plus a very nice letter detailing all the paperwork we need to take with us and asking us to contact CMV should we need anymore help
all in all very comprehensive and a far cry from cheap companies who won't even send out luggage labels ;-)
Yes, I was very impressed with CMV's pre cruise information. Like P&O used to be before I accidentally went green
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

GillD46 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
GillD46 wrote:
We are on Celebrity on May 8th. A short two nighter and our first foray into the Celebrity brand. Our paperwork, including baggage labels, was there all ready for printing several weeks ago, but nobody else I know on the same cruise, and there are a LOT I know on it, had baggage labels on their on-line account apparently.

They all seemed to get them sent either by their TA or by Celebrity themselves. So I don't understand why ours were there then - and are still there!

I have to say SO FAR, I have been less than impressed with Celebrity!
If you logon to your Account it will invite you to print off your luggage labels but if you try to it will then tell you that they are not available until payment has been made in full, even if one's payment has been made in full.

North American passengers can, I have been advised, use this system but Brits cannot ... the barcoded luggage labels will be provided by the TA along with the e-ticket .... allegedly.

I deffo agree with you regarding Celebrity's admin and booking procedures ... :thumbdown: .
But ours printed off perfectly, plus we were sent a booklet with labels in.
Interesting ... are you flying or going out of Southampton ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Going from Southampton next weekend.
Gill

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Gill W wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:
as a slight aside but not off topic, for our upcoming boat trip, we have so received a pre cruise booklet, explaining all the dress codes, excursions, drinks packages , parking and embarkation procedures
then another letter confirming our upgrade along 4 luggage labels, all colour coded with details of our boarding time plus parking voucher for the car plus a very nice letter detailing all the paperwork we need to take with us and asking us to contact CMV should we need anymore help
all in all very comprehensive and a far cry from cheap companies who won't even send out luggage labels ;-)
Yes, I was very impressed with CMV's pre cruise information. Like P&O used to be before I accidentally went green
I once did that Gill but if you ring them up, they will restore you to some other dirtier colour so you still get your printed labels

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

With all the confused and conflicting information on here and on CC I have asked our TA for clarification for our June Eclipse cruise.
Of course its not helped by the Celebrity's IT system which transfers UK passengers to its US website for on line check in, where of course most of the help info. is for US or Nth American passengers, and it just adds to UK passengers confusion because they operate different UK and US on line check in procedures.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Another Calamity!!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I've got two lots for the next one - a back-to-back

Do we need to use one set of labels for embarkation, and the others for disembarkation ? Got two tickets too !

Topic author
Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

I haven't done a B2B with X yet, but my past experience was that for a B2B with no change of stateroom simply hold on to the 2nd ticket, in case you have to re-register with the reception/purser on board when you are at the end of the 1st bit and about to start the 2nd bit. If you are changing stateroom, then I would have the 2nd lot of luggage labels handy just in case, so that the on board crew know where to take your stuff for you.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Thanks, Em. We have the same hovel for both legs, which will make life easier

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

qbman1 wrote:
Isn't life a bitch!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Terrible - we're having to slum it in a midships balcony again !! We tip well, though !

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Don't you just hate those midships balconies? We always find we're stuck there too.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I know - we're on C Deck and I always feel insecure and find there are people looking down on you !!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

It's the same when we have to endure those D deck Superior Balconies on Azura. Don't know why we can never afford a cosy inside.

Topic author
Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

qbman1 wrote:
Have a great time.
:thumbup:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

towny44 wrote:
With all the confused and conflicting information on here and on CC I have asked our TA for clarification for our June Eclipse cruise.
Of course its not helped by the Celebrity's IT system which transfers UK passengers to its US website for on line check in, where of course most of the help info. is for US or Nth American passengers, and it just adds to UK passengers confusion because they operate different UK and US on line check in procedures.
Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Another Calamity!!
A minor irritation perhaps and not Celebrity IT depts. finest hour, but their IT dept. is no worse than P&O's really.

However going slightly off topic, we paid the balance for our June 19th cruise with Celebrity on 16th April to our TA using our credit card without charge because the RCI group don't charge for credit cards, as a result I won't actually pay for this until May 29th.
But on May 9th I will have to pay for my August 13th cruise on Britannia and, because P&O do charge for credit cards, I will need to pay by debit card and have the funds available in my bank account.
Only a minor point but I know which payment system I prefer.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I agree Towny. I really get the pip with this charging for credit cards. As a result I normally use the debit card. Or we pay though a TA who doesn't charge for credit cards, but then they need it earlier. If the dates fall right I can get almost two months credit but it doesn't always work out.

However, at the end of the day if they don't charge it's already in the price somewhere. Nothing is ever free.

A bit like restaurants who say "here's something compliments of the house". No it isn't. You pay for it somewhere.

And it's better than most budget airlines who want the whole lot when you book, sometimes for us a year ahead.

AnnCAgain
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AnnCAgain »

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone pointed out that the luggage labels situation is only temporary? There are problems with the manufacturers and when these are resolved Celebrity will start sending them out again. This is not a rumour :) My friend rang Celebrity and asked.

Topic author
Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

AnnCAgain wrote:
I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone pointed out that the luggage labels situation is only temporary? There are problems with the manufacturers and when these are resolved Celebrity will start sending them out again. This is not a rumour :) My friend rang Celebrity and asked.
Thanks for that Ann - I don't doubt you, but I'll believe it when I see it (absolutely no disrespect to your kind post). I'm going to take the attitude that I'm happy with the service and stuff that this is a minor thing and I should put up with it. On our last Celebrity cruise we had so many lovely surprises, it really impressed us. We think we've got the same Concierge for our next Celebrity cruise - I won't rely on being spoilt again, and it's only fair to let other people have a chance; but it will be nice if it is the same person.

Thanks once again - our plans are now for fly-cruises, so bag tags will be much appreciated.

Return to “Celebrity”