Freephone Number?

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Freephone Number?

Post by AileenB »

Does anyone have a freephone number for Celebrity? Many thanks.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Freephone Number?

Post by Manoverboard »

I may still have a US based one but the number provided by my TA was 0844 493 2043. In my own case it took an absolute age to answer and an even longer age to resolve the problem.

If you have a BT deal that provided free calls 24/7 for standard numbers then use that option, their number for Customer Relations is 01932 834 127.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Manoverboard on 04 Apr 2017, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AileenB »

Many thanks, Manoverboard! I can use that number. I'm three weeks into trying to resolve my problem.:-(

Topic author
AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AileenB »

Finally got through to someone who sounded helpful. Time will tell .....

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

AileenB wrote: 04 Apr 2017, 16:04
Many thanks, Manoverboard! I can use that number. I'm three weeks into trying to resolve my problem.:-(
Is this the 6 star service Towny talks about? :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I know the feeling .... did you read my Celebrity Cruise Report regarding their crass booking processes ?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 09:27
I know the feeling .... did you read my Celebrity Cruise Report regarding their crass booking processes ?
To quote the bard "methinks you and Cubie doth protest too much".
However Moby at least you do have first hand experience unlike some other P&O cheerleaders. :sarcasm: ;)
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AileenB »

Just read your report, Manoverboard. We're just doing the two night taster with some friends. Only booked it as date suited everyone and also tempted by a drinks package and "free" gratuities. Booked online and process has been stupid! Went to pay balance online ... clicked "pay balance" and they overcharged by the amount of the "free gratuities". Have been trying to get my money back for over 3 weeks. After yesterday's phone call have been assured I will be refunded very soon........ hmmmm. It's not a huge amount but it's my money! Not impressed with how this has been handled at all.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Celebrity have a sneaky way of offering ' deals ' .... buyer beware !!

They probably didn't overcharge you ' AlleenB ' but you may have fallen into their ' trap '.

Consider;

The headline is " Buy one, get one half price " with free drinks package and free gratuities.

The reality is ( can be ) that the additional benefits ONLY apply to the lead customer.

:thumbdown:
Last edited by Manoverboard on 05 Apr 2017, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 14:11

They probably didn't overcharge you ' AlleenB ' but you may have fallen into their ' trap '.

Consider;

The headline is " Buy one, get one half price " with free drinks package and free gratuities.

The reality is ( can be ) that the additional benefits ONLY apply to the lead customer.

Moby, as a Mod you should be aware of the need to avoid stating anything that could be considered libelous. I would imagine that Celebrity are no different to any other cruise line, or indeed any service provider, in having small print that needs to be carefully read and understood, and Cubie I would equally defend P&O from similar possible libels.
Last edited by towny44 on 05 Apr 2017, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

towny44 wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 15:35

Consider;

Moby, as a Mod you should be aware of the need to avoid stating anything that could be considered libelous. I would imagine that Celebrity are no different to any other cruise line, or indeed any service provider, in having small print that needs to be carefully read and understood, and Cubie I would equally defend P&O from similar possible libels.
As an ex journalist I can happily advice Moby that nothing is libellous if it's true. And even if it is libellous to claim damages a company has to prove a significant loss to their business. I doubt this mighty forum has the power to achieve that!

Topic author
AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AileenB »

In fairness to Celebrity, they are happy to admit that I was overcharged. The gratuities for us both were free. The problem is their slow system of returning my money.

Topic author
AileenB
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AileenB »

Money now in my account! Thanks again, Manoverboard, for the phone number.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Good result AileenB :clap:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 16:03
towny44 wrote: 05 Apr 2017, 15:35

Consider;

As an ex journalist I can happily advice Moby that nothing is libellous if it's true. And even if it is libellous to claim damages a company has to prove a significant loss to their business. I doubt this mighty forum has the power to achieve that!
I gave VERY sound advice albeit in the certain knowledge that somebody would probably object.

Not ALL cruise lines offer variations of their deals. In general terms the US ones do but UK companies do not ... therefore anybody who is only familiar with UK based companies may not read the small print carefully enough or they may interpret it how they wish it to be rather than how it actually is.

As a Member I believe it is correct to bring such matters to the attention of other Members.

:wave:

Return to “Celebrity”