Celebrity Eclipse Iceland & Fjords review June/July 2015.

Anything about Celebrity cruises

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Celebrity Eclipse Iceland & Fjords review June/July 2015.

Post by oldbluefox »

Those prices for shore excursions are eye-watering, towny. I often think P&O's excursions are expensive for what you get but if I am on a Saver fare I just take it as swings and roundabouts and it does mean we don't have to worry about 'missing the boat'. I wonder if the presence of wealthy Americans meant they could literally charge what they liked although I am surprised there were no Celebrity accessible tours. I would have thought Geiranger and Iceland would be grateful for the trade. Do you think this was due to low take-up on account of a lack of multilingual commentary?

Topic author
towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Foxy, just to be clear Celebrity's prices for ordinary accessible tours are much less than those prices for private tours. The one we took in Alesund was only $79.50pp (=£52pp), and was actually a regular panoramic tour, but utilizing a coach with accessible access, which is something Celebrity frequently offer, but P&O rarely seem to. We booked this on board and were able to utilise our OBC, if we had prepaid for the tour I think I would have struggled to drink my way through that amount of OBC.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

Nice review and a pretty similar itinerary to the one we did with Celebrity Infinity in June last year.

The 'seawall' was a real blessing for those with speed of foot.

Return to “Celebrity”