Silhouette 6 nights around the UK

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
Esprit
Third Officer
Third Officer

Silhouette 6 nights around the UK

Post by Esprit »

Got off the ship this morning after an amazing cruise.

We were on board within 20 minutes of parking the car close by. PCR test results and vaccination certificates quickly checked and straight on board before our allotted time of 12 noon.

For a ship that is 10 years old it still looked like new inside. Clearly it had been recently refurbished the carpets felt thick underfoot. Our balcony cabin also looked fresh with tones of grey similar to the Edge.

There were just over 1,000 passenger aboard including 98 kids so there was loads of space and finding a table or somewhere to sit was never a problem. All the crew was so accommodating and pleased to serve us, but always with a mask on. We were given a Celebrity branded mask which we were required to wear everywhere except outside. Once seated or standing close to the bars with a drink in hand then you could remove them. They were never a bother but it was easy to forget to put them back on when you went to the toilet!

I don't eat a lot but make up for it in drinking. We had the Premium drinks package so nothing I wanted was off limits. Nicholas Feuillatte champagne and Peroni were my "go to" drinks, with the odd Long Island ice tea for a change. When I did eat it was in the MDR in the evenings where we were spaced out from other guests but close enough to converse with our neighbours. We also went twice to the speciality restaurant Murano's where the food and service was outstanding. Well worth the $50 per head supplement.

We used the Ocean view café for lunch where the buffet food was served to you and the variety of choices was immense even with so few passengers.

We sailed up to Invorgordon but chose to stay on board as the excursions didn't appeal. Not a problem as the ship was always going to be the destination in these strange times. We did however take a tour in Liverpool. The coach took us to the various places of interest and we got off in four places but had to keep close. No big deal and the tour guide really knew his Liverpool history and Beatles trivia.

The entertainment was no different to pre Covid sailings but dancing wasn't encouraged so no silent disco which was a real shame. You could still dance and there were quite a few last night in the Grand Foyer. It was a great night with the Cruise Director getting all the live groups to play shortened sets and then all get together at the end. I've never had a last night on a ship like it before. They really pulled it out of the bag to leave a lasting impression.

The Chic night with the Captain's welcome had people dressed up and on the five smart casual nights you could tell people really wanted to make an effort. Even on the last night most people looked smart and clearly not wearing their "debark" attire which was more the norm pre Covid.

You could tell talking to passengers and crew how relieved they were to be sailing again. We so enjoyed it we are considering another next month.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Silhouette 6 nights around the UK

Post by Kendhni »

Thanks for the report Esprit and great to hear that cruising does not seem to have lost its lustre.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Nice report Esprit.

Yes, she has had a refit recently according to a family member I was talking to yesterday. Shame the silent disco was not allowed, understandably, as it was great fun when we were on Eclipse 2017.

Does Silhouette have an ice bar the same as Eclipse?
Last edited by Stephen on 07 Aug 2021, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

rogerrovers
Cadet
Cadet

Post by rogerrovers »

Many thanks for the report Esprit, it seems that you had a good time .

Jenny

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Enjoyed reading your review about a cruise, happydays indeed :)

Topic author
Esprit
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Esprit »

Thanks for reading it and your kind comments.
Yes Stephen, there is an ice topped Martini bar. It was the most frequented bar on the ship and we met and chatted with fellow passengers mostly here.
Even with reduced capacity it felt like a normal cruise. We did feel privileged in these strange times and would certainly recommend cruising again regardless of Covid.
Peter

Sandra
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Silhouette

Post by Sandra »

Hello
This is my first time using this site so Hello,
Can anyone help I am not sailing on the Silhouette till May. Can someone advise how and were I would do my Covid Test which is to be done a few days before boarding. I am getting so confused with this.

Kind regards,
Sandra

Return to “Celebrity”