Adding a prom deck

Anything about Princess cruises

Topic author
hopefultraveller
Cadet
Cadet

Adding a prom deck

Post by hopefultraveller »

There is an interesting article in the Mail on Sunday about the new Regal Princess. Apparently after consulting customers, they are putting a prom deck back in.

Val

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding a prom deck

Post by david63 »

I think that may be an old story especially as Regal Princess only came into service a couple of months ago.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

I would expect it can only offer a similar experience to the Eclipse, where the majority of the deck has the sea view obscured by the lifeboats, and it will not provide a 360 deg. circuit.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

hopefultraveller wrote:
There is an interesting article in the Mail on Sunday about the new Regal Princess. Apparently after consulting customers, they are putting a prom deck back in.

Val
That would be interesting, any links to the story?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

You don't need a link QB, the article is innacurate. It indicates that Regal has an outside seating area for Crooners bar which Royal doesn't, that's incorrect both ships have the outside seating area, as indeed will Britannia.
What Regal might have is the ability to walk the length of the prom deck, which Royal does not, again its possible that Britannia might also have this, but it does not constitute a full promenade deck even like Ventura.
John

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

towny44 wrote:
You don't need a link QB, the article is innacurate. It indicates that Regal has an outside seating area for Crooners bar which Royal doesn't, that's incorrect both ships have the outside seating area, as indeed will Britannia.
What Regal might have is the ability to walk the length of the prom deck, which Royal does not, again its possible that Britannia might also have this, but it does not constitute a full promenade deck even like Ventura.
Thanks, I'm on an iPhone in our caravan on the road in France. Britannia's prom deck is up top with the seal colony so picking your way round that lot is not going to be easy

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

To me the Prom deck will always be the one with lifeboats on it, despite P&O trying to convince me that the up top jogging track will double as one for evening strollers.
John

Return to “Princess”