Cruise Tips

Any general cruise line chat

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Cruise Tips

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

majortom10 wrote:
The luggage labels I have received in my cruise information booklet are totally different style than those sent with e-tickets....confusing or what.
As long as the cruise number and the cabin number are the same I wouldn't panic! :crazy:

We always use the ones they send. Why should I use my ink and paper to print more! :thumbup:

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

majortom10 wrote:
The luggage labels I have received in my cruise information booklet are totally different style than those sent with e-tickets....confusing or what.
The ones I received with my cruise information booklet at Xmas were the old style ones, a few days prior to leaving I received an email with a link to 'new style' labels and a request to print these off ( which I did ) the email also said once on board not to remove the labels as the same ones would be used for disembarkation .. they weren't and the old style colour coded labels were issued as per usual for disembarkation.

As I said the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing :roll:

Also and I don't know if this was a 'one off' but the tickets issued with the booklet were basically the same as you would have printed off yourself and would have required laminating and ties to attach them to cases.
Jo

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Are you talking P&O or Cunard Jo?

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Cunard Merv but as they all come under the same umbrella I don't imagine they will have different luggage labels for Cunard/P&O/HAL etc but who knows :lol: :lol:
Jo

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

I think they do Jo. The P&O ones sent out with the Britannia Maiden brochure are the type which are reinforced to not need laminating or folding and have the perforated press out they've always had to fix without staples or ties. And l don't recall P&O issuing different luggage labels for disembarkation, just coloured gangway passes for people. I think despite all coming under Carnival they still have differing systems.

majortom10
Cadet
Cadet

Post by majortom10 »

The ones in my cruise booklet are the "original" coloured labels with deck in big letters thats as far as I remember P&O have used since 2000. The ones sent with my e-ticket have stripes and a code 12A in big letters and deck and cabin details only in small letters. It also states that they are to be folded, laminated and left on baggage for disembarkation.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
I think they do Jo. The P&O ones sent out with the Britannia Maiden brochure are the type which are reinforced to not need laminating or folding and have the perforated press out they've always had to fix without staples or ties. And l don't recall P&O issuing different luggage labels for disembarkation, just coloured gangway passes for people. I think despite all coming under Carnival they still have differing systems.
Ours were definitely not the type we have always been used to so they must have differing systems although the ones issued for disembarkation were the usual type that fix without staples/ties .. confused.com ( it doesn't take much :lol: )

We haven't cruised with P&O for 4/5 years but I know in the past we have had labels left for disembarkation, I can't recall if they were the same as the embarkation ones so maybe I didn't use them although I do know they were the same type of label.

It's not really an issue but what I don't understand is why they are sending out the old type ones then following it up with an email and asking people to print the new ones and use them, from what I understood these new labels will allow them to have a quicker more efficient delivery of luggage to cabins and the same when disembarking .. I can't say I noticed any difference but then how would/could that system work when some are using one set of labels and some another :crazy: the only logic I can see is that the cruise booklets were already printed and that is why there are still two types of label being issued.

Anyway as long as they get you and your luggage on the ship and you all have a great time on the Maiden that's all that really matters :thumbup:
Jo

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Forgive me if this has been asked in another post somewhere but, "Do the bathrooms still have the shower gel dispensers" ? they were in Arcadia on my previous cruise but I wondered if they were still in place. I don't want to waste money bringing my Lidl's brand when I can get White Company gel fer nowt. Cheryl always insist on taking her own as she has sensitive skin but old saddle hide here can use anything from Jo Malone to Fairy Liquid.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Hi Ray.

The shower gel dispensers were in place on Arcadia and Christmas. It was a nice lemony fresh gel
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Cruise Tips ... my advice is to give willingly and generously, you will feel so refreshed ;)
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

Thanks Gill that's one thing less to pack and MOB I have nothing left to give lol

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

The best tip I ever got was to take a 4 gang extension lead. I think I picked mine up in Poundland or somewhere like that. It's very short but ideal for packing in a suitcase and is just right for onboard ship.

Keechy
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Keechy »

My tip is to use the labels they send and print some off as well. I always put at least two labels on each case plus the normal luggage tag.

Leave the labels on the cases for disembarkation! The cases are put in deck order in the terminal.

I also bought some fluorescent shoe laces and tied them on the cases. It made them easy to identify. (Unless everyone uses this tip) :thumbdown:
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”