Explosion in St Petersburg

Any general cruise line chat

Topic author
Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Explosion in St Petersburg

Post by Whynd1 »

The news is reporting an explosion on the metro in St Petersburg.

We were there last July and as part of our excursion we travelled on the metro.

Lindsey

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Explosion in St Petersburg

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

It seems it can happen anywhere. We were in Oslo a few years back a couple of days before that nutter went on the rampage there

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

If, as seems very likely, this is a terrorist attack, it escapes me that anyone can kill innocent people like this, irrespective of political grievances, religious fanaticism or whatever. Tonight there will be hundreds mourning the deaths of their parents, children, lovers, partners and friends. What a sad situation and for what purpose? Words fail me.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote: 03 Apr 2017, 21:40
If, as seems very likely, this is a terrorist attack, it escapes me that anyone can kill innocent people like this, irrespective of political grievances, religious fanaticism or whatever. Tonight there will be hundreds mourning the deaths of their parents, children, lovers, partners and friends. What a sad situation and for what purpose? Words fail me.
And me Foxy

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

At least since he blew himself up he wouldn't have his conscience to consider. I see the death toll has risen to 15, and what has he achieved? Evil, needless and pointless.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote: 04 Apr 2017, 13:05
At least since he blew himself up he wouldn't have his conscience to consider. I see the death toll has risen to 15, and what has he achieved? Evil, needless and pointless.

Hi Foxy...If any good can come out of this tragic loss of life it will be that all nations will have a greater resolve to rid this Islamic ideology off the face of this earth.

What l find hard to get my head around is that many of these extrimists appear to be well educated and yet they can be so easily radicalised into carrying out these senseless acts of terrorism.

Show me the radicalised boy of 7 and l will show you the man.....? :think:

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”