2015: where are we all headed ?

Any general cruise line chat

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2015: where are we all headed ?

Post by david63 »

The only thing that we have planned at the moment is our Christmas/New Year cruise on Arcadia - something else will probably crop up during the year.

colwill
Cadet
Cadet

Post by colwill »

Just booked Oriana to the Canaries on 23 January, nice spot of sun with luck. No real bargains out there, apart from the Med in winter, unlike last year. Thereafter, couple of weeks oop north in Yorkshire, a Cunard cruise of some description in May/June and, hopefully, another in September. Nice old life, this retirement lark.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

gfwgfw wrote:
Could be a short trip to the Crem

81 yesterday and now starting to dribble :tired:
happy Birthday for yesterday!
Meg
x

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Many happy returns gfw. :wave:

We are off to London in January shortly after a gourmet dinner and night at Miller Howe in Windermere. Then we are looking at Aurora to Venice, Adonia up to Seville or Arcadia to Iceland. All depends on how prices go which ones we do. We'll probably slip in a couple of City breaks somewhere along the line.

Topic author
Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Premier Fox
I can heartily recommend Iceland, a fantastic country

oh and the food is cheap :D :D

see what I did there?
Nihil Obstat

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I suppose the snow is Deep Pan, Crisp and Even, DK!!

Topic author
Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

well done relegation fox :wave:
Nihil Obstat

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

In 2015 we are cruising the River Thames to Oxford, followed by two nights in prison ... :clap:

Apart from that we aim to cherry pick a couple of ' suitable ' cheapo Cruising deals.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Canaries again for some winter sun (Arcadia)

I feel happier going on holiday when I suspect that I'm going to be less busy :thumbup:

As for the summer, just a few days away I guess.

I've got about a trillion Avios points so may use some of them
Empty vessels .. and all that

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

For us its W Med on Britannia in April, Iceland & Fjords on Eclipse in June, and Eclipse again in Sept to Canaries, Azores and Madeira.
All courtesy of DK's generous tax contributions.:sarcasm:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Off to the Caribbean in January on Azura with JenniC and her family (8 of us altogether); Scandinavia on Caribbean Princess end of May with family and Britannia next Christmas in the Caribbean again with family and JenniC and hubby Steve. Lots to look forward to - how lucky am I :thumbup:
Janis

ItsmeAnnC
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by ItsmeAnnC »

Flying to Venice for a cruise on Celebrity Constellation (I think) and going to several places in Croatia, Montenegro, Ravenna - only two places, Venice and Dubrovnik, that we have visited before, so really looking forward to it. Then in September Canada and New England on Celebrity Summit.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Jan Rosser wrote:
and Britannia next Christmas in the Caribbean again with family and JenniC and hubby Steve. :thumbup:
We'll see about that!!! It'll have to go before Smurfy and the committee!!!! :lol: :lol:

Hope you all have a great cruise in January, Jan. I feel sure, somehow, you will. Not envious - not half!! :wave:

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

oldbluefox wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
and Britannia next Christmas in the Caribbean again with family and JenniC and hubby Steve. :thumbup:
We'll see about that!!! It'll have to go before Smurfy and the committee!!!! :lol: :lol:

Hope you all have a great cruise in January, Jan. I feel sure, somehow, you will. Not envious - not half!! :wave:
Thank you Foxy - I've got a lovely big balcony cabin as a treat to myself - could squeeze you in at a push ;)
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I'll be down!! (but don't tell 'er indoors!!! Can't get away with saying I'm going for a pint of milk - could smell a rat!!!) :lol:

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

We have just over 7 weeks of cruising booked for 2015, but not all at once, with many new ports of call for us.

We also have a cottage booked for 3 nights for a wedding that is lasting a whole weekend; we may well travel on from that short stay to further afield and make at least a week of it, make it worthwhile packing!

Of course if we see a good deal in between all this, we shall go for it.

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

It all sounds wonderful - and I hope that everyone has a really great time.

We've got an outing booked for mid-year, and then I'd like to have a little bit of warmth - but not scorchio; that's something to book next time we're onboard really.

Keep on taking those holidays - you know it does you good.

Em

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

oldbluefox wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:

Oops.. Did I not mention the December Christmas cruise... :crazy:
Jenni

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

JenniC wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
Jan Rosser wrote:
We'll see about that!!! It'll have to go before Smurfy and the committee!!!! :lol:

Oops.. Did I not mention the December Christmas cruise... :crazy:
Fraternising with the Mods is expressly forbidden under rule X417 .... :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

"Fraternising with the Mods is expressly forbidden under rule X417 .... :lol:"

Please explain Moby - I like to know what rules I am breaking and the punishment ;)
Janis

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

4 weeks in the Caribbean, a long weekend in Dublin, a week somewhere else (yet to be decided) and several weeks travelling around America (mostly business).

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

We're off for a couple of nights in the Cotswolds in February - a Christmas/Birthday present from my husband, and we're going on his birthday so that will be fun. Then we're off to the Canaries on Oceana in March - hopefully for some sun but the only other time we've been, and that was to Grand Canaria for a week one January, it poured for quite a lot of the week we were there.

We've booked a Great Rail Company trip to Lake Como for September. It sounds similar to Delboy's account of his trip but he went by coach. We go by Eurostar from London to Paris, one night in Paris then on by train, changing in Zurich I think, to Lake Como where we stay for 7 nights. We've upgraded the room in the hotel so we have a lake view which everyone says is worth it. Then there are various trips while we are there, including one on the little train into Switzerland. Then we have one night in Stuttgart on the way home. It sounds a bit like a cruise but not on a ship, if you see what I mean. There will be around 34 of us apparently. There is also a service whereby you can send your luggage on a few days ahead and it's delivered straight to the hotel in Lake Como so no struggling on and off trains with cases. You also leave your luggage behind and then it's sent on to you at home - the company has good reviews so hopefully all will be well.

I'd like to get another cruise in but if we do it will be a late booking one - will have to see what comes up and if I can persuade John to do it!

Carole

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

We've got the Britannia maiden in March, which goes to the Western Med.

Then in early September, we're going on a short cruise to Amsterdam and Antwerp. We're going on Cruise and Maritime's new ship, Magellen, departing from Tilbury. This will be a new experience for us.

We have no other plans to go away next year. As we are newly (early) retired, we just want to get used to our new life, where we hope every day will be a holiday!
Gill

Anne D
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Anne D »

After two years of only travelling Cunard {apart from a PO party cruise in August 2014} and enjoying it very much, we have decided to have a change and are now booked on two PO cruises for 2015 . One in April to Iberia and a second 17 day Central Med later in the year.

This did mean swopping an already booked Cunard cruise to a PO one. For anyone who doesn't know, it is possible to interchange cruises between Cunard and PO but only these two . Not possible with the other Carnival ones as far as I am aware.

Anyway it was very easy to do and the original one with Cunard was cancelled off and the new one with PO booked . The total deposit paid to Cunard was passed over to PO.I didn't have to pay an admin charge either.

There are a few rules and regs governing this procedure . Changes cannot be made if the final balance for original cruise has already been paid and the new cruise must be equal to or higher in price than the original.

Anne

Loiner
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Loiner »

For us this year, we have booked a 4 night break in a Log Cabin for my birthday at the end of January. Ribblesdale Lodges in Gisburn, a beautiful part of The Yorkshire Dales.
A week on Britannia in May during the school holidays.
2 nights camping for the Moto GP for OH's birthday.
1 night in Manchester when we go to see the fantastic Neil Diamond. He has since announced another show in my home town but my hubby had already bought me tickets for the Manchester show.

Janine

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”