2015: where are we all headed ?

Any general cruise line chat

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Re: 2015: where are we all headed ?

Post by suespud »

As hubby has started his new job, we are limited about how long we can go away for.
We have a weekend in Newcastle booked... Now I know we live only a few miles away, but we never go and enjoy the city..it has so much to offer. So we are doing a city break there. A weekend in Windsor. A weekend in the Lakes.
5 days in Butlins...in Whit week.. just hubby and me, with our 3 eldest grandsons, ages 5, 5 and 7. Should be fun.. :crazy:
2 more weekends away, yet to be decided where.

A week in a little family run place in Turkey in late June.
Then a week in Tenerife..in september.
Another week somewhere if we can....
In between all this having lots of big jobs done around the house.
Counting down to retirement,(51 months now) so getting all big jobs done.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I said in December that we were off to a land based holiday in Italy in September - travelling with Great Rail Company. Well we still are, I think. We are due to return on September 28th. A few weeks ago our younger daughter announced she was having a baby - due date - yes, September 28th! She is insistent we don't cancel the holiday. We can't make it earlier for various reasons - we have a family wedding the week before we're due to go - can't go in August as our other daughter and son-in-law are away then and with a family business my husband needs to be there and also I wouldn't want to go to Italy in August - much too hot. My daughter says that anyway the baby will probably be late and then we would have altered our trip for no reason.
We don't have to pay the balance until July so can see how things are then - but what a coincidence!

Carole

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Three night cruise with a couple of friends.
A week in North Devon.

After that, who knows. Maybe another cheeky cheapo cruise before the end of the year. Our friends are good at tracking down the late deals. :thumbup:
Last edited by Stephen on 03 Mar 2015, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Round Britain in August and then the Caribbean at Christmas but, having seen the piccys of Britannia, we are looking at a short cruise on her as well to see for ourselves

suespud
First Officer
First Officer

Post by suespud »

CaroleF wrote:
I said in December that we were off to a land based holiday in Italy in September - travelling with Great Rail Company. Well we still are, I think. We are due to return on September 28th. A few weeks ago our younger daughter announced she was having a baby - due date - yes, September 28th! She is insistent we don't cancel the holiday. We can't make it earlier for various reasons - we have a family wedding the week before we're due to go - can't go in August as our other daughter and son-in-law are away then and with a family business my husband needs to be there and also I wouldn't want to go to Italy in August - much too hot. My daughter says that anyway the baby will probably be late and then we would have altered our trip for no reason.
We don't have to pay the balance until July so can see how things are then - but what a coincidence!

Carole
Thats a hard call Carole. We had to cancel our last two cruises due to expectant daughter.
I must admit I was looking forward to you letting us know how your trip went, I have been looking at them too. I really fancy doing one.
Hope things get sorted one way or another for you.
xx

DANSCOMBE6158
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by DANSCOMBE6158 »

Oriana solar eclipse and northern lights 17th March 2015 2 weeks to go x

Diane

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

We're off on the Ventura in May,then 3 holiday cottages in Scotland & England for a week at a time in June, July & September which we take our dog with us that's the reason for going ;) and finally 14 days in Guatemala to visit our Daughter shall be lovely to see her but not looking forward to the flights!!!

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

Meg 50 wrote:
we are doing a short break in Chester in Feb, and 3 weeks in Ireland in the summer (must sort out holiday ins for that one - even though we're taking our own car - our bank account no longer has it as standard)

Done Chester; still haven't sorted out travel ins, but am about to start researching in earnest for Ireland.

My globetrotting JD is off to Basel for a couple of days and then Myanmar next month - then Patagonia later in the year. Looking forward to her blogs
Meg
x

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Our daughters read her blog Meg and they are presently in India, and I have read ALL her blogs!

Maybe she should write a book.

frintonite
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by frintonite »

Off up to the Arctic in a couple of weeks for the solar eclipse, then next month Azura to the canaries, then a quick week on Britannia in May, then after that, its in the lap of the gods, or my haematologist
AKA Ray & Sue

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

wolfie wrote:
Our daughters read her blog Meg and they are presently in India, and I have read ALL her blogs!

Maybe she should write a book.

she has, but only one copy!
Meg
x

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

I suppose that you have the first, and only, edition! Make sure it's signed or it will be worthless in years to come. ;)

Publish and be damned, as they say!

On second thoughts, not everything on the www should be converted into print. :?: There is a great deal of dross out there. :crazy:

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Hi Sue,

Yes we're looking forward to the Italian trip - the Great Rail Company do seem to have some very interesting tours. As the moment we are going ahead with the holiday. Spoke to my daughter yesterday and all is well. So unless by July, the date for the final payment, the dates have altered dramatically we will probably go ahead. I think I'll be more use after the event - my daughter will have her partner and my other daughter there - will just have to make sure my mobile is fully charged!

Carole

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

We've just had a day in London doing the "Shaun the Sheep Trail", which was great fun, followed by a day's raid on the hypermarket in Boulogne. Nothing else planned until we go to New York in October, staying a week in Brooklyn before sailing back in "our" cabin on the QM2.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Cyprus - tomorrow :wave: :wave: :wave:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Are you off to stay in the beautiful Troodos Mountains or will you be slumming it in Limmasol or Paphos but whatever you do ... please try to keep off the dreaded Ouzo.

:wave: :wave: :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Mrs C wants to visit London for the weekend for her birthday. Dreading it - I'd rather be on the allotment !!

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Why are you dreading it, Cubie? There are some great little places to visit in the capital!

Moby, if you think Paphos is slumming it, you're obviously staying in the wrong part!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
Why are you dreading it, Cubie? There are some great little places to visit in the capital!
I'm a bumpkin at heart - far too much hassle getting there, getting around - and spending my money !! Also, it's the Marathon on Sunday so it will be heaving ! I'm pressing for a boat trip out to Kew or Hampton Court

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
Moby, if you think Paphos is slumming it, you're obviously staying in the wrong part!
It's since Watford crept into the play-off places - he has ideas above his station. Premier League tastes on Southern League income !

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

qbman1 wrote:
Silver_Shiney wrote:
It's since Watford crept into the play-off places - he has ideas above his station. Premier League tastes on Southern League income !
C R E P T .... into the play off places ?

Keep up, we are sitting in the No 1 spot don'tcha know :thumbup:

Paphos, SS, is deffo slumming it as compared to where D63 stayed on his last holier jolly in India .... don'tcha know

:lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

India is definitely NOT on my list of places to visit, Moby. Now, the Pioneer Beach hotel in Paphos (miles away from Coral Bay) is very much the place to go.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Silver_Shiney wrote:
India is definitely NOT on my list of places to visit, Moby. Now, the Pioneer Beach hotel in Paphos (miles away from Coral Bay) is very much the place to go.
And guess where we are staying...

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Alexander the Great Beach Hotel?? :sarcasm:
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

qbman1
Captain