Re: a change!

Post by qbman1 »

20-odd miles - is that far enough ?

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

I live 14 miles the other way so start rowing and we'll meet up somewhere in the middle :thumbup:

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

If the outing along the Avon is on board the Countess of Evesham then you are in for a delightful time and really good food. Have a great time.

Meanwhile - I can't see why you want to move from P&O unless you've done the whole fleet. I don't fancy Fred, MSC or RCI, but anything is better than Cunard.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Boris+ wrote:
If the outing along the Avon is on board the Countess of Evesham then you are in for a delightful time and really good food. Have a great time.

Meanwhile - I can't see why you want to move from P&O unless you've done the whole fleet. I don't fancy Fred, MSC or RCI, but anything is better than Cunard.

You weren't saying that when Cunard were handing out the 'upgrades' Em, in fact you weren't saying that 12 months ago ( I have previously copied your posts where you have been singing the praises of Cunard )

I accept you maybe had a bad experience .. it happens but we have only heard one side of the story and as someone who regularly travels in Grills all I can say is my experience has never been anything less than 5* so I would question why you have suddenly had a complete change of direction as far as Cunard are concerned, of course that is your prerogative and you don't need to explain yourself in fact I would rather you didn't because personally I find it to be a load of B******t :roll:
Jo

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

[quote="Boris+"]If the outing along the Avon is on board the Countess of Evesham then you are in for a delightful time and really good food. Have a great time.

Hello Em..thank you.

I've been on the Countess of Evesham a couple of times for a night time dinner/canal cruise and as you say it is a nice experience although the limited choice of meals may not be to everyone's taste.

Our afternoon High Tea :) will make for a nice change.

Regards

Keith

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
... because personally I find it to be a load of B******t :roll:
That cannot be right DQ, this site surely shows ******** thus.

:angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Jo, Ok - we had some upgrades, but we always paid for a QG suite, the upgrades we had didn't move us into QG, just around and about within QG.

Since this new CEO has been in place it's all gone to pot - that's our personal view. We were regular Cunarders, but not any more. We simply found something better - and we are quite happy, thankyou.

My opinion is not a load of whatever it was you alluded to - quite unpleasantly. My opinion is based on facts and experiences. This forum is a place where people share their experiences and opinions (politely preferably). Bad language is uncalled for - even if it is disguised as per your attempt.

So Jo, you go off and enjoy Cunard, and I'll go and enjoy myself - and that's just grand.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I certainly will Em and quite honestly I could be even more unpleasant especially about things you should and didn't know about Cunard but I won't embarrass you by listing them.

I would hardly call b******t bad language especially as I used ***** but 'you' obviously knew what I meant !!! and just for the record I didn't attempt to hide anything :roll: of course this forum is where people share their experiences and opinions and I would never question anyone's experience or opinion as we are all entitled to that but I will question what I said is total b******t ... just one example 'repetitive menu's' pull the other one or better still justify what you said which we both know you can't :roll:

Anyway back to topic as I don't wish to highjack the OP's thread, they asked for advice about other cruiselines there was no need for you to 'diss' anything it is very easy to be positive about what we do like if the OP wants to know what to avoid well there is always Tripadviser for that.
Jo

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

Well Jo,

You don't believe that the menus were repetitive - just where have you been hiding? Not in QG, that's for sure.

Don't be boring.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Boris+ wrote:
Well Jo,

You don't believe that the menus were repetitive - just where have you been hiding? Not in QG, that's for sure.

Don't be boring.
Oh dear Em you really will have to try harder are you suggesting I'm boring and also that I lie :roll:

I don't hide I don't have to and as for QG well there is at least one member of the forum that has seen me in there so your suggestion that I wasn't goes straight out of the window.

The very subtle difference between you and me is I don't feel the need to tell everyone and their mother that I travel in Grills neither do I feel the need to keep mentioning 'suites' .. some though just can't help themselves can they :lol:
Jo

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

:yawn: Well Jo - you've got it wrong, and stunningly so. When I say that I've been in QG it is a simple statement of fact, it's stated so that if I mention something which happens or is available, then people who aren't familiar with the way Cunard do things (or used to do things, or would like passengers to think they do things - whatever) don't labour under the impression that by booking Britannia will get them all the bells and whistles.
I won't knowingly mislead people, hence having said that I sailed in QG is a simple statement of fact. Additionally, I wouldn't like anyone to spend time looking for me in a restaurant that I'm hardly likely to frequent (or an afternoon tea venue either) - and that's called being thoughtful.

I'm not suggesting that you are getting boring Jo, it's simply the way you make me feel. :yawn: :yawn:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Hold up Gals ... handbags at dawn, etc ;)

I think that the OP, and indeed everybody else, will be perfectly able to choose who's advice is best suited for their purposes regarding Cunard.

As an aside, for me detail and substance rather than generalisation and innuendo is far preferable.

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Point taken Moby and my apologies to admin for my part in taking the thread off topic, it isn't always a good thing having an excellent memory :roll: :wave:
Jo

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

we are going with Celebrity next year, they are a dollar ship and we will just pay with our credit card and get the bank rate of exchange.
I have had endless discussions/arguments with people about which cruise line is this and that and it comes down to personal taste, nothing more
if you have had enough of the PandO offering, there are loads of different lines to try but for us it itinerary first, date second, cost third and ship and line a distant fourth
You may be pleasantly surprised by what a new line offers or you may be straight back to Pando??? who knows
Nihil Obstat

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

DK, I hope you'll enjoy Celebrity, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised and have a great time. Hopefully you've got a deal with free tips, the drinks package etc., so there may not be too much to worry about where the payment of the on board account is concerned.

Topic author
titania2008
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by titania2008 »

My main problem is usually dates. Cruises with adults only seem to forget people who are off in school holidays might not want to have holidays with children's facilities available lol

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”