a change!

Any general cruise line chat

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: a change!

Post by Boris+ »

:yawn: Well Jo - you've got it wrong, and stunningly so. When I say that I've been in QG it is a simple statement of fact, it's stated so that if I mention something which happens or is available, then people who aren't familiar with the way Cunard do things (or used to do things, or would like passengers to think they do things - whatever) don't labour under the impression that by booking Britannia will get them all the bells and whistles.
I won't knowingly mislead people, hence having said that I sailed in QG is a simple statement of fact. Additionally, I wouldn't like anyone to spend time looking for me in a restaurant that I'm hardly likely to frequent (or an afternoon tea venue either) - and that's called being thoughtful.

I'm not suggesting that you are getting boring Jo, it's simply the way you make me feel. :yawn: :yawn:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Hold up Gals ... handbags at dawn, etc ;)

I think that the OP, and indeed everybody else, will be perfectly able to choose who's advice is best suited for their purposes regarding Cunard.

As an aside, for me detail and substance rather than generalisation and innuendo is far preferable.

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Point taken Moby and my apologies to admin for my part in taking the thread off topic, it isn't always a good thing having an excellent memory :roll: :wave:
Jo

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

we are going with Celebrity next year, they are a dollar ship and we will just pay with our credit card and get the bank rate of exchange.
I have had endless discussions/arguments with people about which cruise line is this and that and it comes down to personal taste, nothing more
if you have had enough of the PandO offering, there are loads of different lines to try but for us it itinerary first, date second, cost third and ship and line a distant fourth
You may be pleasantly surprised by what a new line offers or you may be straight back to Pando??? who knows
Nihil Obstat

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

DK, I hope you'll enjoy Celebrity, I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised and have a great time. Hopefully you've got a deal with free tips, the drinks package etc., so there may not be too much to worry about where the payment of the on board account is concerned.

Topic author
titania2008
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by titania2008 »

My main problem is usually dates. Cruises with adults only seem to forget people who are off in school holidays might not want to have holidays with children's facilities available lol

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”