Which cruise line will you travel on next?

Any general cruise line chat

P&O
64%
Princess
5%
Cunard
13%
RCI
2%
MSC
No votes
Fred Olsen
3%
Carnival
No votes
Celebrity
2%
Costa
No votes
Disney
No votes
Holland America
No votes
Seaborn
No votes
Thomson
2%
Saga
No votes
Oceania
3%
Viking
2%
Europa
No votes
Crystal
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 61

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Okay then. As I suggested on another thread, we've seen who you've cruised with before, and who most often. And at the time of writing this the leader is P&O. Perhaps not surprising as the root of this forum was the old P&O forum and a lot of members are therefore P&O fans.

But are we still faithful? Or are we jumping ship?

So this poll is about which line you'll travel with next, whether it is actually booked or just a plan at the moment. Even if it isn't a specific cruise who is most likely to get your money next?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Which cruise line will you travel on next?

Post by Manoverboard »

As of now, and already booked ... Wessex Rose ( Canal Cruise ) followed by Uniworld then Voyages of Discovery.

P&O will not even be considered unless or until Adonia returns.

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

We have the next two cruises already booked both with Princess because of the destinations. September to New England and Canada and April Singapore to Tokyo which includes Vietnam. We haven't been to Japan, Vietnam or New England. We're looking forward to them both.

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Our next is booked. After that is very open at the moment. Having seen your previous review, Moby, Wessex Rose is definitely on our radar sometime.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

We did a narrow boat holiday once (not as pampered as Mob and Mobietta on Wessex Rose though) but it was one of the most relaxing holidays ever and a great way to escape the ratrace and enjoy nature. Loved it.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have two cruises (b2b) booked on QV and one on QM2 booked for this year, followed by one on QV and two on QM2 booked for next year.

After that, 2018, I think Disney World is calling again and a holiday of some description that takes in Singapore and S.E.Asia.
Gill

rita17
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by rita17 »

We're on Ventura in September for a 6 night cruise. Never been on her before so will be interesting. Never been to two of the ports either. They are La Rochelle and Bilbao so looking forward to this cruise.

cruisingtoski
Cadet
Cadet

Post by cruisingtoski »

December this year a Thomson fly cruise to Jamaica , Panama, Grand Cayman, Costa Rica. Never cruised with them before but chosen purely for the itinerary 8-)
Denise

Raybosailor
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Raybosailor »

oldbluefox wrote:
We did a narrow boat holiday once (not as pampered as Mob and Mobietta on Wessex Rose though) but it was one of the most relaxing holidays ever and a great way to escape the ratrace and enjoy nature. Loved it.
We have done quite a few narrow boat holidays and I even drew plans up for a motorised shell to be built for me to fit out myself but after a wrangle with the boat builder it was put on hold and the plans are now collecting dust in my workshop.
Narrow boat holidays are really relaxing if you don't try to do too much in a day and it is surprising how much of the country you never knew existed when navigating the cut.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

We covered quite a few miles early on in the holiday. Unfortunately, we then discovered some lovely canal side pubs so it became more of a pub crawl with food and sleeping it off thrown in!!!
However we did discover some really fascinating villages and came to appreciate at first hand those who worked the canals; loads of our past heritage is still there to be enjoyed.
Something we have also noticed when out on the fells, people become much more open and friendly away from the rat race and the same sort of friendship exists on the canals.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Our next is booked. After that is very open at the moment. Having seen your previous review, Moby, Wessex Rose is definitely on our radar sometime.
Would just mention that the ' Wessex Rose ' had 100% occupancy in 2016 and that David and Karen are already more than 50% booked for 2017 .... just saying.

:angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

Oriana in October and then a huge void :cry:

daib GC
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by daib GC »

Now if you had waited until after my Arcadia back to back and Oceana festive cruise I could have put Princess.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Arcadia in Oct then having 2 weeks lazing on the beach in Montego Bay in Feb then Ventura Oct 17.
Mel

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

P&O is still popular by the look of it
Gill

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

RCI Vision in 2 weeks

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

My vote had to go to P&O which is our next one booked for May next year, but we do have an RCI cruise booked for Sept next year as well.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

Oriana for 8 nights next month. :D

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

we are going to try fred olsen in October its only a short 2 nights cruise but it will let us know if we like fred or not as we do not like the new big boats p&O now have.
graham

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

Whatever takes our fancy, as long as there are some new ports of call.

However, any future booking is on hold until tests and scans are all clear for one of us. Then, it may well be Princess or just an imposed staycation!

Big Bob
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Big Bob »

Clebrity. Better boarding, better food, better ships, better entertainment and happier crew.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Raybosailor wrote:
oldbluefox wrote:
We have done quite a few narrow boat holidays and I even drew plans up for a motorised shell to be built for me to fit out myself but after a wrangle with the boat builder it was put on hold and the plans are now collecting dust in my workshop.
Narrow boat holidays are really relaxing if you don't try to do too much in a day and it is surprising how much of the country you never knew existed when navigating the cut.
My wife would love to do a narrow boat holiday, as would I. It all looks lovely and tranquil when you see the holiday programs, a different kettle of fish when the weather is bad and your stuck outside on the tiller in the elements.

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

We owned a small narrow boat for twenty years and loved our holidays on the canals. However as we were spending less and less time on the boat we sold it for more than we paid for it (try doing that with a car!) and added to our timeshare and Holiday Property Bond holdings and now hire a canal boat occasionally when we get withdrawal symptoms.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

I've just voted Cunard, which would be our preference but the truth is our decision will be governed by dates we can both get off work, cost and what's available. Our next holiday, in 2017, will be a driving holiday to Germany, so can't see us cruising before 2018.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We owned a small narrow boat for twenty years and loved our holidays on the canals. However as we were spending less and less time on the boat we sold it for more than we paid for it (try doing that with a car!) and added to our timeshare and Holiday Property Bond holdings and now hire a canal boat occasionally when we get withdrawal symptoms.
I reckon you are really Timothy and Prunella !

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”