Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Stephen »

Holland America and Princess cancel cruises for 2020

https://cruise-adviser.com/holland-amer ... n-cruises/
Last edited by Stephen on 07 May 2020, 14:15, edited 2 times in total.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Re: No cruising 2020 for some

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 07 May 2020, 14:11

"Guests who have paid in full will receive a 125 per cent future cruise credit of the base fare paid. Those who have not paid in full will receive a future cruise credit double the amount of the deposit paid for the cruise cruise"...

....or your money back one would presume?
Last edited by Onelife on 07 May 2020, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 07 May 2020, 14:11

I think both of these refer to their summer 2020 schedules which normally end in September or early October, but I do think it unlikely we will see much cruising activity until December, when some lines will want to try and tap into the Christmas and New Year holiday festivities.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Isn't there also some issue with an Government investigation, or something, with Carnival/Princess?

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

I can't imagine that anyone would want to go anywhere a cruise ship this year, would they? We certainly wouldn't. Next year - well we'll wait and see but pretty unlikely.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

kaymar wrote: 08 May 2020, 19:51
I can't imagine that anyone would want to go anywhere a cruise ship this year, would they? We certainly wouldn't. Next year - well we'll wait and see but pretty unlikely.
Hi Kaymar……I think most are thinking along the same line as you …. I can’t even see me venturing out to the garden centre (if lock-down is lifted) for at least a few weeks as by that time we will have some indication of how infection rates are going.
We have no plans to take a cruise next year but if we were, I would consider booking a cruise but only on a money back, cancelled cruise guarantee.

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …come August next year I could see this being an option that some cruise lines might consider? Not sure if they would be sailing at full occupancy but they’ll have to start somewhere, especially as I can’t see Mediterranean cruises being an option for some time yet.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Very interesting news item on BBC this morning.
Mainly all about the companies that supply cruise companies. One supplier is owed over a million pounds for food and drink and has 1.6 million of stock going nowhere.
West quay taxis usually take over a thousand bookings for a weekend .
Short interview with David Dingle the Chairman of Carnival.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 08 May 2020, 20:43
Hi Kaymar……I think most are thinking along the same line as you …. I can’t even see me venturing out to the garden centre (if lock-down is lifted) for at least a few weeks as by that time we will have some indication of how infection rates are going.
We have no plans to take a cruise next year but if we were, I would consider booking a cruise but only on a money back, cancelled cruise guarantee.

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …come August next year I could see this being an option that some cruise lines might consider? Not sure if they would be sailing at full occupancy but they’ll have to start somewhere, especially as I can’t see Mediterranean cruises being an option for some time yet.

I hope not. We've got a cruise already booked for July next year to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 09 May 2020, 07:59

I hope not. We've got a cruise already booked for July next year to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
Hi Stephen l just plucked August out of the hat l was thinking more along the lines of July. :thumbup: :angel:

As you know Mr Dingle is a good mate of mine so l'll put a good word in for you. :thumbup:

:wave:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …
Good plan, it won't be too far to travel to be connected up to a respirator.
Last edited by Manoverboard on 09 May 2020, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

jacksparrow
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jacksparrow »

As you know Mr Dingle is a good mate of mine so l'll put a good word in for you. :thumbup:

[/quote]

Have you been supplying him with your chocolates again :crazy:
The pesky scarfaced pirate

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Manoverboard wrote: 09 May 2020, 08:56
The thought has crossed my mind that the first cruises will be British Isles cruises …
Good plan, it won't be too far to travel to be connected up to a respirator.
Hey Mob…in the absence of any horse racing how about a £10 wager that we are back cruising (without the need of respirators) before August, 0ops! July 2021?

Are we on? :D

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 09 May 2020, 08:29
Stephen wrote: 09 May 2020, 07:59

Hi Stephen l just plucked August out of the hat l was thinking more along the lines of July. :thumbup: :angel:

I could save a few bob after all. :thumbup:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

jacksparrow wrote: 09 May 2020, 09:11

Have you been supplying him with your chocolates again :crazy:
[/quote]

Naah! Sparrow....i just give him advise as to when cruising should resume again :lol:

Return to “General Cruise Line Chat”