Adonia Here We Come

Cruises on Adonia in 2017

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Re: Adonia Here We Come

Post by qbman1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We rarely get lost, even on the bigger ones. We unwind a string as we leave the cabin and just follow it back. Mind you once as we arrived back on our landing there was an elderly couple there and she said "oh look, isn't that nice, they've changed all the pictures". Yes, really!
That was on the Ariadne, not Artemis !!

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

We have signed up for this one. So pleased to see Adonia come back. P&O cancelled our last cruise that we had booked on her.
We didn't know about the discounts others have had but we wouldn't have qualified as we hadn't booked anything on the smaller ships, we made our booking whilst on Azura at Christmas.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Not trying to be funny or anything but what is the Age mix on Adonia.? was looking at her for May 18, just wondered wether it would suit us, mid 60's.
Mel

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Screwy, When we were on Adonia last year to the Carribean the average age was early 60's obviously some younger and older. We really liked the ship seemed more friendly and the entertainment was excellent. We would definitely go back on her but booked up until February 2019!!

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

screwy wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 11:16
Not trying to be funny or anything but what is the Age mix on Adonia.? was looking at her for May 18, just wondered wether it would suit us, mid 60's.
I would imagine that there will be an older passenger demographic due in part to it being an adults only ship. How high the age will be will, in all probability, depend on the usual other factors such as time of year, itinerary and cruise duration.

At a rough guess I would go for an average somewhere between 60 and 70

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

The age of the passengers ' seemed ' to us to be a tad lower / or were ' young(er) at heart ' regardless of destination, the passengers themselves ' seemed ' to be better dressed / more affluent ( check the spelling ;) ) than on other P&O ships .... albeit in our own experience(s).

Partly I assumed because Adonia is generally more expensive, certainly more elegant and far more adventurous regarding the Ports that she is inclined to visit.
Last edited by Manoverboard on 26 Apr 2017, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 11:02
The age of the passengers ' seemed ' to us to be a tad lower / or were ' young(er) at heart ' regardless of destination, the passengers themselves ' seemed ' to be better dressed / more affluent ( check the spelling ;) ) than on other P&O ships .... albeit in our own experience(s).

Partly I assumed because Adonia is generally more expensive, certainly more elegant and far more adventurous regarding the Ports that she is inclined to visit.
What are you doing on her then ;) :)

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 11:18
Manoverboard wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 11:02

What are you doing on her then ;) :)
About six grand !

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Ow the uver arf live

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

david63 wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 15:52
screwy wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 11:16
I would imagine that there will be an older passenger demographic due in part to it being an adults only ship. How high the age will be will, in all probability, depend on the usual other factors such as time of year, itinerary and cruise duration.

At a rough guess I would go for an average somewhere between 60 and 70
P&O do actually point out that Adonia is not really suitable for wheelchair passengers and those with walking difficulties, mainly due to them sometimes needing to use a steep gangway alongside the ship.
So this will probably reduce the age profile and increase the activity level of passengers.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I haven't been beyond the shores of Britain and Ireland on board Adonia but, certainly on the Round Britains, which I would expect to appeal to the older travellers, the average age must be around 70. Bound to be lower in the Caribbean though
Last edited by qbman1 on 27 Apr 2017, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

The moments magazine popped through my letterbox this morning.
Under the schedule of officers for Adonia I note we have no entertainment manager. Is this a good thing or not ?

Lindsey

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Whynd1 wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:49
Under the schedule of officers for Adonia I note we have no entertainment manager. Is this a good thing or not ?

Lindsey
I think that a complaint is required - you have paid for an entertainment manager and not got one - demand compo as your cruise will be ruined and you will be traumatised :crazy: :crazy:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I've already got my compo claim in, and I'm not even on the cruise :D

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 06 May 2017, 13:49

Lindsey
Mine arrived too. If I remember correctly, dear little Adonia doesn't have an Entertainment Manager, as such, just three in the Ents team, one of which acts as the senior member. Because of the shortage of people in the Ents team, some events, such as quizzes, are not held every day especially when they clash with other events, like the Welcome Aboard party. There is also no Headliners group in the usual sense but what they call the "Adonia Theatre Company" I think there used to be just 4 or 5 of them and they had to work really hard to put on the Headliners SHows that usually feature 13 members ! They do also put on proper plays on some sea days. All a bit different, but nevertheless enjoyable

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Stephen wrote: 06 May 2017, 16:36
I see we have Sarah Breton as captain again. They have to give her the smallest ship as she can't park the big ones ! The standing joke when she is on board is that she always enters port forwards as she can't reverse !

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

qbman1 wrote: 08 May 2017, 09:41
Stephen wrote: 06 May 2017, 16:36
I see we have Sarah Breton as captain again. They have to give her the smallest ship as she can't park the big ones ! The standing joke when she is on board is that she always enters port forwards as she can't reverse !
There goes another gearbox

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

No gender stereotypes here, of course !

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

P&O strike again!!!!

We received our pre cruise booklet today and in it there is a "Birthday package" that you can buy which for £180 does not seem too bad. It reads "Spoil yourself and your loved ones as you celebrate your birthday on board Oceana ...". Now that is all well and good apart from the fact that we are going Adonia - surely it must be a logistical nightmare transferring passengers from Adonia to Oceana in order to celebrate their birthdays :sarcasm:

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Tickets issued today for our cruise in 5 weeks time.on Adonia.
Lindsey

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

In that case, I hope Sarah Breton manages to find her way back to Southampton !!

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

That's funny as on the ticket there is no berth/ terminal shown for departure !!!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

She usually just stops where she first hits land !

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Probably parks it ten feet out and jumps ashore......

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Hardly breaking news, but still an interesting read....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/trave ... p_AppShare

Return to “Adonia Cruises 2017”