Aurora South America Circumnavigation Jan 2018

Aurora cruises in 2018

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Aurora South America Circumnavigation Jan 2018

Post by CaroleF »

I know quite a few members are going on this trip, David and Sue Kersh for two. Is anyone else going? I'm wondering when the Excursions will be published, I'm assuming after the balance has been paid. Ours is due in just over two weeks. It seems to vary according to which company passengers have booked through. There's quite a lot of people on the CC Roll Call for this trip, several of whom seem to have done it before.

We've never done such a long trip before - 65 nights! The longest we've done is 28. This trip is all John's idea as he's always wanted to visit Chile - he likes the wine! I was amazed particularly as sea days aren't his favourite. I did say when he suggested it do you realise there will be a lot of sea days but he seems quite happy; I love sea days and on what has really become our favourite ship, along with Adonia and Oceana.

If there are quite a few of us on this forum going maybe it would be pleasant to arrange a get together at some point. I think the CC meeting will be quite a large one.

Carole

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aurora South America Circumnavigation Jan 2018

Post by david63 »

Excursions are normally available in the Cruise Personaliser about 12 weeks pre cruise.

I noticed the other week it depends on how you try and access the excursions - if you use the green button then it says that they are not available but if you use the "Going ashore" menu option then you can access them.

The brochure with them in is sent out about eight weeks.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I will be interested to hear everybody's experiences on this cruise.

its one we'd like to do, as my husband has always wanted to go to the Falklands
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Our 2013 South American Cruise's ( albeit subsequently cancelled ), Rio > Valparaiso, excursions were available online from about 16 weeks, I suggest that you book them asap to avoid disappointment.

ps ... we cancelled ours, via clause 40, because we WERE going to the Falklands as the consequence of doing so was for P&O to axe the four Argentinian Ports previously scheduled :thumbdown:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Excursions were put on line yesterday. Having never been on a cruise of this duration the numbers of excursions seemed never ending. We tried to go through the ones that we really wanted and so have booked some for Rio, Montevideo, and Valpariso which is now under the heading of San Antonio - assume that means we dock in a different place, not sure. Also booked for Port Stanley, hoping we actually get there, I know because of the weather some cruises don't manage it. Now off to have another look at other ports but need to count the pennies before booking any more. John's credit card is beginning to send out Mayday messages!

Carole

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

CaroleF wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 09:58
Excursions were put on line yesterday. Having never been on a cruise of this duration the numbers of excursions seemed never ending. We tried to go through the ones that we really wanted and so have booked some for Rio, Montevideo, and Valpariso which is now under the heading of San Antonio - assume that means we dock in a different place, not sure. Also booked for Port Stanley, hoping we actually get there, I know because of the weather some cruises don't manage it. Now off to have another look at other ports but need to count the pennies before booking any more. John's credit card is beginning to send out Mayday messages!

Carole
Yes, San Antonio is a different from from Valparaiso. It is about 40 miles south of Valparaiso and the driving time is aroun 1.5 hours. We are going round the Horn on Emerald Princess next January and our departure port has recently been changed from Valparaiso to San Antonio.

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I understand the authorities in Valparaiso have been giving priority to cargo ships, so several cruise lines have changed their port to San Antonio.

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Heard today that St. Maarten has been changed to Martinique. Martinique seems to have been used as a substitute for quite a few cruises in the Caribbean.

Carole

Return to “Aurora Cruises 2018”