Not dressing uop for dinner

Aurora cruises in 2018

Topic author
needlesmaster
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Not dressing uop for dinner

Post by needlesmaster »

Travelling on Aurora in October this year. Dining option, cabin, etc to be allocated at Southampton. Neither of us wants to put on jacket/black tie/ cocktail dress during 12 days. What are our dining options, please?

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Not dressing uop for dinner

Post by Meg 50 »

cocktail dress unnecessary for a start. but you won't get into a formal night w/o a jacket

formal is only 2 nights at most, so you can use the buffet those nights
Meg
x

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

If you're booked on Aurora to the Canaries on 15th October it's a 13 night cruise and there will probably be 4 formal nights in that.

Bearing in mind that you will have no luggage restrictions, I'd suggest putting in a smart suit and a few nice frocks and going with the flow to see how you get on.
History shows that most who don't think it's for them actually end up quite enjoying the formal evenings.
Try the first one and if it's not for you, then at least you've given it a go before you made a decision.

If you don't like it, then the Speciality venues as long as you are dressed smartly or alternatively the buffet.

Whatever you decide, just go with a good attitude and most of all, enjoy yourselves.

Welcome to the forum, by the way :wave:
Empty vessels .. and all that

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

needlesmaster wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 09:53
Travelling on Aurora in October this year. Dining option, cabin, etc to be allocated at Southampton. Neither of us wants to put on jacket/black tie/ cocktail dress during 12 days. What are our dining options, please?
Disgraceful behaviour ;) :D

Oh yes, and welcome to the mad house from me too :thumbup:
Last edited by Stephen on 10 Apr 2018, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I detest formal evenings and generally have been selecting more casual cruising - however for the sake of matrimonial harmony I tolerate them on the grounds that a tie (if I have to wear one) is coming off and being binned** at the earliest opportunity. The good lady enjoys getting on her best frock or sparkly tops - point of order, if I threaten to wear a nice dress and sparkly tops why does SWMBO get all yappy?????

** Yes I physically do BIN the ties. Many years back in the dark silly days I had to wear a suit and tie to work even though it was mainly an office based job. During that time the rebel in me meant I could not resist buying garish and distasteful ties just to show my disgust of having to wear one - even my old boss was disappointed if I came into work with a 'normal' tie on. Following a clear out a few years back I found close to 200 ties in the house, so, if I have to wear a tie these days that will be done but then the tie taken off and dumped (one was even dipped in lighter fluid and set alight)

Return to “Aurora Cruises 2018”