P&O Cruises extends pause in operations until 15 May 2020

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

P&O Cruises extends pause in operations until 15 May 2020

Post by Official Autopost »

Regrettably, P&O Cruises is extending its pause in operations up to and including 15 May, 2020 as a result of the continued impact of COVID-19. It is clear that the original date of 11 April to resume sailings, which would have been a 30 day pause in operations, is just not feasible in light of the recent government announcements. Here’s P&O Cruises President Paul Ludlow with an update on the extension:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... text=false

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781_10157989353770782

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: P&O Cruises extends pause in operations until 15 May 2020

Post by screwy »

And then it will be into June and so on...Cant sail anywhere if countries wont allow you to dock.!
Mel

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

screwy wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 13:41
Cant sail anywhere if countries wont allow you to dock.!
Well actually you can - just not able to get off the ship!!

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

david63 wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 14:19
screwy wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 13:41
Cant sail anywhere if countries wont allow you to dock.!
Well actually you can - just not able to get off the ship!!
That's what a lot of people think we do on a cruise - amazed we actually get off - the mind boggles sometimes :crazy:
Janis

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

I can just see it....we went to a b c x y z. A docks a dock yeah.
Mel

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

screwy wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 16:08
I can just see it....we went to a b c x y z. A docks a dock yeah.
Did you go to any container docks ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

The only dock I haven’t been to is on the space station..😂
Mel

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Bolsover cruise club has written to its customers to warn them that refunds from P and O may take up to 60 days and not the 45 originally mentioned.
When you think passengers like me paid for my Easter cruise at the beginning of January and probably wont get my refund until at least mid May, of the interest earned on all that money.
I know the situation is unprecedented but surely P and O should be moving quicker n this matter, or is the dreaded I T department again.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Perhaps they have fewer staff to deal with refunds due to the pandemic …. ?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Whynd1 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 11:57
Bolsover cruise club has written to its customers to warn them that refunds from P and O may take up to 60 days and not the 45 originally mentioned.
When you think passengers like me paid for my Easter cruise at the beginning of January and probably wont get my refund until at least mid May, of the interest earned on all that money.
I know the situation is unprecedented but surely P and O should be moving quicker n this matter, or is the dreaded I T department again.
It's unlikely to be a great deal when the best instant access rate is only 1.25%, which for a a £4000 cruise cost is only going to be about £8.30 for the extra 2 months.
Last edited by towny44 on 02 Apr 2020, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I was thinking more of P and O having all that money in their account. !!!!

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Whynd1 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 18:27
I doubt that their account is showing positive at the moment but any deposit that they hold will reduce the need for borrowing slightly.

The problem is that there is no extra revenue coming in from cruising activity, on board spending, and suchlike and bear in mind that one third of the profits come from shore excursions.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Whynd1 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 18:27
With the amount that Carnival are borrowing at the moment P&O have very little, if any, in their account.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

For all holiday companies faced with the shutdown I think it's more about cashflow than interest. Having said that apparently Saga are reporting very strong bookings for next year.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

We have a ‘ Iberia ‘ cruise booked for the beginning of October,can’t really see it going ahead as it will take time for Spain,Portugal to allow ships to dock and let passengers roam around so we are looking to transfer to a Med cruise next May/June. Hopefully all will be well by then.
Mel

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

screwy wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 09:38
We have a ‘ Iberia ‘ cruise booked for the beginning of October,can’t really see it going ahead as it will take time for Spain,Portugal to allow ships to dock and let passengers roam around so we are looking to transfer to a Med cruise next May/June. Hopefully all will be well by then.
We are on that Azura cruise too Screwy, as well as the previous one on a B2B, I think we will hold off any cancellation until the balance is due, in the hope that the future may be clearer then, and possibly P&O might become more flexible.
Our last cruise was in July last year, so having just lost an April cruise we are having severe cruise withdrawal symptoms, and would love to see the Sept/Oct one go ahead.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Just received the following communication

"When Azura set sail from Barbados for Southampton on 21st March there was nobody on board with symptoms of COVID-19 and no suggestion that any recently disembarked guests or crew had the virus. Unfortunately, certain crew members did subsequently begin to experience symptoms. Following arrival in Southampton on 31st March we therefore conducted targeted testing for COVID-19. Some of these tests have unfortunately now returned positive results.

Although you disembarked the ship a fortnight ago, given the above we must advise you that should you develop COVID-19 symptoms yourself, you should nonetheless still follow the published government guidelines, including seeking medical treatment if necessary.
"

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Hi Kendhni, that did come as a bit of a surprise, with us all thinking the Transatlantic was the best way home. I think we are still clear of the bug and are still taking care not to get close to others, although some of the 'others' do not seen to have the same idea. Stat safe.
Don't worry, be happy

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I am more than a bit annoyed this evening after receiving a further e mail from P and O. When our Easter cruise was cancelled I re eived assurances from both P and O and my travel agent that once the cruise had been cancelled our refunds ds for shore excursions, dining and drinks packages spas etc would automatically be refu ded to the card paid on.

Now we have had a further mail saying if we wish to use these against a further cruise we will be given an extra 10%.
If we want a cash refund we now have to fill out a further form which will take 60 days to process.

Not good enough. That's a 3 week delay now and instead of 45 days it's now 60.
They are testing my loyalty at the moment,a friend who was due to travel with Saga had her refund for her trip refunded overnight.

Rant over.

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

towny44 wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 10:04
screwy wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 09:38
We are on that Azura cruise too Screwy, as well as the previous one on a B2B, I think we will hold off any cancellation until the balance is due, in the hope that the future may be clearer then, and possibly P&O might become more flexible.
Our last cruise was in July last year, so having just lost an April cruise we are having severe cruise withdrawal symptoms, and would love to see the Sept/Oct one go ahead.
Hi John, we have taken the decision to transfer from October to a Ventura cruise at the end of May 21, hopefully it will all be back to normal 🤞
Mel

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Whynd1 wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 18:27
I am more than a bit annoyed this evening after receiving a further e mail from P and O. When our Easter cruise was cancelled I re eived assurances from both P and O and my travel agent that once the cruise had been cancelled our refunds ds for shore excursions, dining and drinks packages spas etc would automatically be refu ded to the card paid on.

Now we have had a further mail saying if we wish to use these against a further cruise we will be given an extra 10%.
If we want a cash refund we now have to fill out a further form which will take 60 days to process.

Not good enough. That's a 3 week delay now and instead of 45 days it's now 60.
They are testing my loyalty at the moment,a friend who was due to travel with Saga had her refund for her trip refunded overnight.

Rant over.
I had the cancellation invoice from Fred Olsen on 27th March, after emailing them on 16th March. I phoned yesterday to ask when I might receive the money back, and they said in about two weeks time. So, if that's true it'll be about a month from my first email. Under the circumstances, that doesn't seem too bad. Two months is a very long time.

My next P&O cruise isn't until March 2021 on Iona, and I have some doubts if even that will proceed. It's not clear when Iona will be ready, will the advice for over 70's still be in place for cruising (if so, ships would be very empty) and will the travel insurance companies cover C19, and will the overseas ports be open for cruise ships. I think 'normal' is still a long way off, and when it arrives it'll more likely be a different normal to the one we had a few weeks ago.
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Gill W wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:43
Two months is a very long time … waiting for their money …
it's even longer for those who are single, vulnerable and in total isolation :cry:
Last edited by Manoverboard on 04 Apr 2020, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Manoverboard wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:47
Two months is a very long time … it's even longer for those who are single, vulnerable and in total isolation :cry:
It must be awful to feel so totally isolated
Last edited by Gill W on 04 Apr 2020, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Gill W wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:50
Manoverboard wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 16:47
Two months is a very long time … it's even longer for those who are single, vulnerable and in total isolation :cry:
:?:
You responded before I corrected my reply ;)

See #22

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

I've now responded to your corrected reply - (this is confusing)

But we are in agreement, I think.
Gill

Return to “Facebook Feed”