Our President Paul Ludlow will be doing a Q&A and would like you to ask the questions. Please submit them in the comment

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

Our President Paul Ludlow will be doing a Q&A and would like you to ask the questions. Please submit them in the comment

Post by Official Autopost »

Our President Paul Ludlow will be doing a Q&A and would like you to ask the questions. Please submit them in the comments section below or DM us with 'Question for Paul' by 5pm today. Come back on Thursday to watch Paul respond.

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781_10158020402025782

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Our President Paul Ludlow will be doing a Q&A and would like you to ask the questions. Please submit them in the com

Post by david63 »

Looks as if he is getting bored being at home!!

Any guesses as to what questions will be asked?

1. When will cruising start again?
2. When will I get my money back?
3. Is P&O going bust?
4. When will Iona start?

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Our President Paul Ludlow will be doing a Q&A and would like you to ask the questions. Please submit them in the com

Post by allatc »

1.Assuming that many countries will prohibit cruise ships from docking for much of 2020 what do you see cruise itineraries looking like for the late summer and autumn.

2. When do YOU see normality returning to cruise schedules.

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are now restricting cruise ship passengers and crew arriving in the US from boarding domestic commercial flights.

The restrictions will apply even to people not showing symptoms and also would require 14-day quarantines for cruise passengers and crew.
CNN reported on the restrictions being finalized earlier Sunday.
An administration official said these new protocols would likely be agreements between cruise ship companies and the government, requiring that they be followed in order for these ships to dock at specific ports.
That official added that there could be a range of exceptions and specific circumstances that would divert from the new protocols, specifically as it relates to foreigners on the ships.

The responsibility seems to have been put onto the cruise companies to get passengers home using charter flights, chartered buses or taxis.

This ruling would seem to affect Carnival sister companies more than P&O except maybe those passengers doing sections of world cruises ending in a U.S. port.

Comment please.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Are there very many cruise ships still at sea with passengers on board?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

The Arcadia which arrives back this week is one.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

towny44 wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 09:51
QM2 is off the coast of Namibia and heading northwards at over 24 knots.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Quizzical Bob wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 13:39
:lol:
towny44 wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 09:51
QM2 is off the coast of Namibia and heading northwards at over 24 knots.
.....and Arcadia is somewhere near Tenerife, but there cannot be many others still with passengers aboard, so why are Homeland security so bothered.
They really ought to be spending more time supporting Carrie Matheson as she tries find to find the missing black box. :lol:
John

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

towny44 wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 14:12
.....and Arcadia is somewhere near Tenerife, but there cannot be many others still with passengers aboard, so why are Homeland security so bothered.
They really ought to be spending more time supporting Carrie Matheson as she tries find to find the missing black box. :lol:
The Amsterdam is anchored off Durban and still has some passenegrs aboard I believe. There can't be more than a handful of other ships.

Clophill4
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Clophill4 »

Pacific Princess heading for Honolulu with 100+ passengers who couldn't fly home from Australia for underlying health reasons (not Corona related)

allatc
First Officer
First Officer

Post by allatc »

I think that the posts in this topic are meant to be questions to Paul Ludlow rather than comments on other posts.
Last edited by allatc on 08 Apr 2020, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I thought that any questions to PL would go via Faceache rather than from this Topic … maybe I have got that wrong ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Whatever method there doesn't appear to be any replies from the man. So much for Q&A's

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Stephen wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 17:56
Whatever method there doesn't appear to be any replies from the man. So much for Q&A's
He’s answering questions tomorrow Stephen :wave:
Janis

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Just as I thought

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Manoverboard wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 16:22
I thought that any questions to PL would go via Faceache rather than from this Topic … maybe I have got that wrong ?
I'm sure you're right. I don't think he's a member here!

I'm sure we could help him with the answers though.

1. Don't know

2. Not certain yet.

3. How long is a piece of string?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

4. Is it safe to eat lettuce ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Manoverboard wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 15:31
Only if wearing a hat.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Can I claim compo

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

If you have one of Cubie's forms countersigned by your father and your grandfather

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Never. It’s a deadly poison.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Quizzical Bob wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 19:43
Never. It’s a deadly poison.
:lol:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 18:26
If you have one of Cubie's forms countersigned by your father and your grandfather
Crossed and payable to Paul Ludlow.
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

So much for answering questions, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I see them now :roll:

Return to “Facebook Feed”