Checklist for Iona

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

Checklist for Iona

Post by Official Autopost »

Whether it's live music, a trip to the spa, fine dining or sipping cocktails at the bar, there's something for everyone on Iona 🛳 What are you looking forward to the most?

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... text=false

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781/p ... 336090782/

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Checklist for Iona

Post by screwy »

We were looking at booking a 7 night on Iona in September. When I went to book Insurance I was told that it didn’t cover us for Uk waters.? Is this the norm ? something I have never realised before.? ( insure&go)
Last edited by screwy on 07 Aug 2021, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Mel

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

We have used "insure and go" annual insurance for many years covering cruises and Land holidays but were told the same thing so have not renewed the policy and have used "Staysure" reasonable price and when you tell them it's a UK waters cruise they send you an endorsement letter to show the cruise company that you are covered for repatriation and medical cover while on the cruise. I looked online to get an idea of the cost but used the free-phone number to actually buy it as I like to double check everything ;)
Hope this helps you

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Thanks Happydays. We have used Insure and go for about 7 years,seemed very strange.
We didn’t bother with the cruise but booked a short break in the Cotswolds. 3 cruises booked next year,will look at other insurance companies.
Mel

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Enjoy your holiday :)
We're going on a FO cruise in two weeks Borealis 5 nights mixed reviews but didn't want to go to Southampton for a short night cruise it goes from Liverpool. Then when we get home going to a holiday cottage for a week in Beadnell which we really like, taking our dog with us of course :)

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Our insurance through our NatWest account has confirmed in writing they cover UK cruises. The issue I think is that they normally assume any medical needs will be covered by the NHS but the cruise companies are insisting on the same multi million medical cover as for non UK cruises.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 09 Aug 2021, 07:47
Our insurance through our NatWest account has confirmed in writing they cover UK cruises. The issue I think is that they normally assume any medical needs will be covered by the NHS but the cruise companies are insisting on the same multi million medical cover as for non UK cruises.
Makes good sense, there could for example be Americans on board and there is no way they would wish to wait a week to see an NHS Doctor nor form an orderly queue for a scan in a months time.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

I asked p&o if I needed holiday insurance on a British cruise Britannia and they told me I would not be allowed to sail without it so booked insurance with free spirit which states on the first page that it is a British isles cruise and was a lot cheaper than what we usually pay

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

poole boy wrote: 09 Aug 2021, 10:34
I asked p&o if I needed holiday insurance on a British cruise Britannia and they told me I would not be allowed to sail without it so booked insurance with free spirit which states on the first page that it is a British isles cruise and was a lot cheaper than what we usually pay
Click the link for more info on ' Free Spirit '
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Facebook Feed”