Last One to Post Wins

Keep all games together

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Last One to Post Wins

Post by Happydays »

Rise and shine😂 time to take my dog her morning walk!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Soon be beer time

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 11:51
Soon be beer time
It's always beer time somewhere.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

That's good enough for me :thumbup:

Bloomin warm here today.

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Nice and quiet here, may stay a while. :relaxed: :yawn:
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

BANG BANG BANG......WAKEY WAAAAAAKEY :D

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Has been a bright sunny day here but blooming cold, frost this morning in places!! I need to go on a cruise to some place hot and sunny ;)

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

A bit chilly round the Urals here too.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Washed the car this afternoon, very pleasant in the sunshine.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It was very cold in Darzet yesterday so I put a couple of logs on the fire thinking that if it gets even colder tomorrow ( today ) then I would probably light them.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 13:36
It was very cold in Darzet yesterday so I put a couple of logs on the fire thinking that if it gets even colder tomorrow ( today ) then I would probably light them.

THEM :shock: Far too extravagant.
Burn one at a time, and then put it out once you've had a warm up and save it for another day. :thumbup:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Where do you two get your logs, the food bank? :sarcasm: :lol:
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 15:07
Where do you two get your logs, the food bank? :sarcasm: :lol:

Thanks for the tip John, I didn't realise.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Thanks John …. I placed an order for a chocolate log this very afternoon :thumbup:

ps …. sorry about the thrashing last Saturday but we can't let you win them all :angel:

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

When the cold weather comes to the east, I will have to give a thought to putting the heating on, we are a bit more hard in the east. :thumbup:
Don't worry, be happy

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

You're right there Ray, although we aren't as posh as you with your central heating. We only have the open fire 🔥 .......and that's out in the garden :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Ray B wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 19:14
When the cold weather comes to the east, I will have to give a thought to putting the heating on, we are a bit more hard in the east. :thumbup:
Absolutely :wave:

When we moved to Northampton many years ago our new neighbour told us that if we could fire a bullet that would maintain it's height it would continue unimpeded until it was well beyond the Russian border. So what I was thinking … come the winter of 63 and that thar Siberian wind I truly understood the significance. :thumbup:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

wet wet wet here today.

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Blooming fireworks, why can't people wait and let them off on the correct day ?....... 😠

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

It's time to ban the sale of fireworks to the public and just have organised displays away from residential areas. It would be cheaper, safer and you would see more for your money.

We had couple of ar*e hole residents where I live that had no consideration at all for neighbours and pets when letting off horrendously loud fireworks in they're garden Saturday night. The inconsiderate idiots. 😡

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 07:56
It's time to ban the sale of fireworks to the public and just have organised displays away from residential areas. It would be cheaper, safer and you would see more for your money.

We had couple of ar*e hole residents where I live that had no consideration at all for neighbours and pets when letting off horrendously loud fireworks in they're garden Saturday night. The inconsiderate idiots. 😡
You're becoming a bit of a grouch Stephen. But maybe there is a marketing opportunity here for you, how about ear defenders for pets? 8-)
John

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

towny44 wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 09:28
Stephen wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 07:56

You're becoming a bit of a grouch Stephen. But maybe there is a marketing opportunity here for you, how about ear defenders for pets? 8-)

Not grouchy John just pi**ed off with inconsiderate people that let off what sound like industrial size fireworks because it makes them look good in front of they're family and friends. They don't think of the annoyance it causes to surrounding residents let alone the stress to animals. Our cat went out about 5.30pm and didn't come in until around 2.30 in the morning. Probably hiding up somewhere scared almost to death.

There was some idiot on the news the other morning saying that today's fireworks are quieter now than they were years ago. Really! I don't know what planet he's on but it certainly isn't earth going by the mini pirotechnic show going on in a garden a few houses away from us. I wasn't sure if it was a firework display or a nuclear launch going by the noise these things were making one after the other for around four minutes. The prat.

I've nothing against families having a firework display, but if you want a bomb going off affect then go to a display. I hate to think what people must spend on fireworks when you can go to a local event for the fraction of the cost and see all the bangs and whistles you like. Obviously more money than sense.

If that makes me a grouchy git then so be it. I like to think I'd be more considerate to my neighbours and animals. It's easy to come out with glib remarks if your living out in the countryside.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Living in the countryside here-a-bouts anyway is as noisy as noisy can be cos apart from the village displays there will always be farmers who do their own thing. They of course ensure that their animals are in safe surroundings on ' Firework Night '.

Hardy their fault if somebody lets pussy out when the fireworks are about to go off when they really ought to know better … just saying :angel:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 11:56
Living in the countryside here-a-bouts anyway is as noisy as noisy can be cos apart from the village displays there will always be farmers who do their own thing. They of course ensure that their animals are in safe surroundings on ' Firework Night '.

Hardy their fault if somebody lets pussy out when the fireworks are about to go off when they really ought to know better … just saying :angel:
Fair point if it is ACTUALLY November the 5th, but the amount of evenings fireworks go off before and after the supposed main event our cat wouldn't be able to go out for a week or more. Hardly an argument for fairness Moby......just saying.

I

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

I agree with everything Stephen has said, no doubt there will be more tonight! We can hope that will be the last of them but I won't hold my breathe.
My husband had to cut short our dog's evening walk (5.45pm) as he said it quickly sounded like a war zone :evil: they were only out 10mins he won't bother to take her tonight :cry:

Return to “Games”