Arcadia 2020 World cruise San Francisco boarding

Arcadia cruises in 2020

Topic author
Steveharnett
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Arcadia 2020 World cruise San Francisco boarding

Post by Steveharnett »

Hello, we are flying from London to San Francisco and then boarding Arcadia the following day.
Will our suitcases be bonded in London and therefore we only require an overnight bag for the hotel stay as our suitcases will go direct to the ship or do they stay with us and go to the overnight hotel.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Arcadia 2020 World cruise San Francisco boarding

Post by Manoverboard »

We haven't flown to an American Port for a cruise but I would have expected a requirement for you and your luggage to arrive in the USA together. You and your cases would then be coached to the Hotel where they would be taken to a secure room prior to transit to the ship the following day.

Either way I would recommend that you take a small case for your overnight necessities.

ps …. Hello and welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

We flew to San Francisco to board Aurora four years ago. We collected our luggage at the airport, cleared US immigration (after a long wait) and then boarded a coach which took us to the ship. We got on board at 7pm (3am UK time) The ship was overnighting in SF and sailed the following evening.

I very much doubt that your suitcases will be bonded as you will be travelling on a regular scheduled flight.

Brian

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Welcome to the forum Steveharnett :thumbup:

JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by JoanneB »

We have sent cases to the ship which was leaving on a World Cruise and joined in NZ and Australia. Organised with P& O in advance, once we took it to Southampton ourselves and on another occasion used The Baggage Handling company ( I think that was the name)

Also left cases on board to be collected st end of a World Cruise or again shipped home.

Return to “Arcadia Cruises 2020”