N111

Ventura cruises in 2020

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

N111

Post by screwy »

Ok,so we’ve transferred our October 20 cruise to this one,hopefully it will be ok by then,any other takers.?
Mel

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: N111

Post by towny44 »

I am still hoping that cruising will have restarted by Sept for our cruise, if not and the country is still in lockdown then I fear that not only will Carnival be bankrupt, but UK PLC will also have gone into liquidation.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Optimistic.
Gill

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

towny44 wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 13:50
I am still hoping that cruising will have restarted by Sept for our cruise, if not and the country is still in lockdown then I fear that not only will Carnival be bankrupt, but UK PLC will also have gone into liquidation.
But it will all be alright because the Chinese will come along and bail us all out...Plan worked out nicely eh.?
Mel

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

towny44 wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 13:50
I am still hoping that cruising will have restarted by Sept
I would tend to agree - although you may not see all cruise lines with all ships operational by then.

The country, no the world, will have to start getting back to "normal" in the next couple of months but I cannot see full normality being resumed for some considerable time.

Topic author
screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Just been told by a friend who lives in Malaga, the Govt there has extended the lock down for another 3 weeks, only one person allowed in a car.
Mel

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

One of the first things countries going into lockdown did was to ban cruise ships so I guess it might also be one of the last things they relax.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

We’ve booked N113 screwy, mainly because of the overnight in Barcelona.
It’s a great city at nighttime.
Assuming all is fine by then 👍
Empty vessels .. and all that

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 16:23
Especially as this cruise goes to Spain and Italy, who have been hammered by C19.

I don't know that they'd want to have a ship load of passengers coming into the ports, especially from the UK. Having seen the rise in cases today and the amount of deaths, sadly, we may end up on the same level as them.
Especially as this cruise goes to Spain and Italy, who have been hammered by C19.

I don't know that they'd want to have a ship load of passengers coming into the ports, especially from the UK. Having seen the rise in cases today and the amount of deaths, sadly, we may end up on the same level as them.
Gill

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2020”