Tell me about it

Anything funny goes here

Topic author
Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Tell me about it

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

One day a devout Jewish man in a small town goes to visit his local Rabbi. The Rabbi asks, "How can I help you today?" The man replies "Rabbi, it's horrible. My son just recently came home after graduating college. Now, I raised him in the good Jewish faith. Taught him well, ensured he had much spiritual guidance. Yet, during college I find he has become a Christian!"

The Rabbi rubs his chin and considers these words silently for a bit. He then says, "Tell me about it! I too once had a son. I taught him well the Jewish ways, he was raised close to the faith. And while he was at college he too became a Christian!" Both men sat there in silence for a bit. Then the Rabbi states, "I know what must be done. I will contact the Chief Rabbi and seek his advice".

So he goes to speak with the Chief Rabbi and explains the situation. The Chief Rabbi listens intently to this tale of woe, and then says: "Tell me about it! My only son did exactly the same thing. Tonight I will pray deeply to God and ask for his wisdom in the matter."

So that night the Chief Rabbi sits in prayer for several hours, waiting for God to answer. "Please God, can you hear me?" the Rabbi asks. To his surprise, an ethereal voice booms "YES?" The Rabbi exclaims hopelessly, "God, both I and two other men from this town raised our sons in the good Jewish ways. When they grew up they went out into the world. After 3 years of being out there, they all announced they had become Christian! What should we do?" His troubled words echo off the walls of the room, slowly fading until there is only silence. The Chief Rabbi waits, and continues to wait. Eventually, after several minutes, the ethereal voice booms out again.

"Tell me about it.........................!."

Return to “Jokes”