Reports about cruises on Arcadia

Topic author
Sybella
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

J310 report

Post by Sybella »

J310
Just back from one of the best cruises we have been on.
It was a 17 night’s Central Mediterranean cruise on Arcadia
We arrived at the Mayflower terminal about 11-30am. We had a Mini-suite so had priority boarding which was very swift.
We had lunch then went to our cabin B80. It is a good size, lots of room, plenty of storage space. It has a big bathroom, 2 sinks, a Jacuzzi bath and separate shower.
After the safety drill we sailed away on our balcony.. with a glass of champagne!
We had lovely ports on this cruise, Cadiz, Malta, Venice, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Cartagena and Gibraltar. Plus lots of fabulous sea days.
The food was excellent, the best we have had on Arcadia. We were on second sitting, upper Meridian, table 185 by the window.
We loved the Headliners troupe. Their shows were all spectacular and we loved them. This was a Strictly cruise and that part was a bit of a disappointment.. the costumes were all over the Atrium all cruise but the stars only got on at Gibraltar on the way back and their main show was a bit stilted, Ian and Camilla danced beautifully but it lacked the excitement of the shows we had seen during the cruise, maybe the Headliners should have been involved.
We love Arcadia and are now looking forward to sailing on her again next year.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: J310 report

Post by Jan Rosser »

Glad to hear you had a good time - everyone who goes on a "Strictly" cruise seems to be disappointed not with the actual performances but the short time the dancers are actually on the ship for. It obviously didn't spoil your enjoyment of the cruise and that's the main thing. The itinerary was probably the main reason for going I imagine and you visited some interesting ports. Roll on the next one :thumbup:
Janis

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

Thanks for your review

I'm not sure about these themed or clebrity cruises - a lot of people seem to grumble about them. As Jan says, the itinerary is proably much more important, with the 'celebs' as an add-on extra if it works - a bit like getting good weather in the fiords!

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Truth be told, I'm glad to hear it about the themed cruises. I can't stand Strictly so I avoid it like the plague.

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Thanks for the report. I think I'm with QB here. I really don't think a themed cruise would appeal to me.

MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Glad to hear that you had such a good time.

We are on Arcadia doing a similar itinerary in October and are so looking forward to it.

Michele

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”