J310 Arcadia Strictly August 2013

Arcadia cruises in 2013

Topic author
Superann
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

J310 Arcadia Strictly August 2013

Post by Superann »

I tried to start this on the forum before it stopped functioning, so I hope this is more successful.
We are booked on this cruise, and I would like to get to know any of you who are also booked on it
Superann

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: J310 Arcadia Strictly August 2013

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Superann,
We are not booked on it yet but it is on our cruise list. Just waiting for holidays to be confirmed from work. It is either this one or 7 Sept on Azura. We love dancing so this would be ideal but as it is 17 nights in school hols need to sort staffs hols who have school age children first. Hope there are some cabins left.

Topic author
Superann
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Superann »

We booked this while on our previous cruise on Arcadia. We are not restricted by schools in any way, but one or two other things on our calendar had to be considered. We eventually chose this particular one partly because of which of the Strictly stars would be on it. The man in the 'future cruise' office onboard at the time told us who would be on each cruise. On this one, (unless of course they change their minds for any reason) there should be Ian Waite and Camilla Dallerup. Also Craig Revel Harwood. But he will apparently be on all of them at least part of the time. (Some cruises may overlap in time so he would have to jump ship) We have met Ian and Camilla before. A few years ago our dancing teacher used to put on dances and invite professionals to come and give a demo, and on one occasion it was them. We chatted and got their autographs. A previous occasion we also met Darren Bennett and Lilia Kopolova.
Anyway, Suekerch, whichever one you go on you will love it. Do let me know and keep in touch.

Rosi Belle
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Rosi Belle »

Hi Superann
I have booked to go on this cruise too... As i work in a school it was ideal as i cannot take holidays at term time. Also what drew me to it, apart from the strictly theme (which i love) is that it is adult only. :lol: It is my first "proper" cruise having had a brief taster (3 night) cruise with Fred Olsen last august to the Orkneys and Bergen. It was great and we are really looking forward to this and am really looking forward to some sunshine ;) See you there :)
Rosi Belle

Sybella
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Sybella »

On this cruise

Topic author
Superann
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Superann »

Suekersh wrote:
Hi Superann,
We are not booked on it yet but it is on our cruise list. Just waiting for holidays to be confirmed from work. It is either this one or 7 Sept on Azura. We love dancing so this would be ideal but as it is 17 nights in school hols need to sort staffs hols who have school age children first. Hope there are some cabins left.
Hi Sue, I am a bit surprised that you hesitate to book the Strictly cruise in August because of school holidays, yet I see on another thread that you are going on a nine week cruise in 2014. What about school holidays then? I must admit to being very envious of the part of your cruise that includes new Zealand.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Ann, For our selves we don't have to worry about school hols but it is the people I work with. They all have young school age children and need time off July / August. I work more hours to cover their time off. We are still hoping to book this cruise but not all staff have finalised their hols yet. Garry is looking after our granddaughter up to 4 August then our son and DIL have booked their hols for 3 weeks so we are sorted for them.

Hope to see you on board. Fingers crossed.

Sue

Bobbie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Bobbie »

I'm not on this cruise, but just wanted to say I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We were on the very first "Strictly" cruise last year and it was fantastic. Craig is brilliant and absolutely hilarious, I believe this year they are concentrating more on the competitive element so polish up your dancing shoes! Talking of shoes, if anyone wants to buy a pair onboard from DSI (who make the Strictly costumes) remember you save a lot of money as you don't pay VAT! Gary and I both bought a pair, and I had mine customised with crystals!

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Bobbie, hope you are both well. Thanks for the tip about the shoes. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of buying some new ones so will wait till we are on board. If we don't get on this one we go on the Azura one later in the year. Would prefer Arcadia because of the Globe but it will be very hot in August in the ports.

Sue

Topic author
Superann
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Superann »

It is Craig I am most looking forward to meeting! We chose this particular cruise partly because of other commitments during the year, but mostly because it is the one with Ian Waite and Camilla Dallerup. (When we booked the cruise we were on board Arcadia on our last cruise, and the salesperson was able to tell us which dancers would be on which cruise) We have met Ian and Camilla before. Some years ago our dancing teacher used to book professionals to come to our school and give demonstrations, and on one such occasion it was those two. They were great and very friendly. On another occasion we had Darren Bennett and lilia Kopolova, who unfortunately are not on Strictly any more.
Ann

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Won't be joining you on this one. Now sorted hols at work and can't get the 2 1/2 weeks off at that time of year.

Have a great cruise everyone. :wave:

Sybella
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Sybella »

100 days to go. .. not that I am counting!

Topic author
Superann
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Superann »

I always feel we are getting close once we have paid the fina balance, which I did the other day. I am now wondering about excursions. Some of the ports we have visited before, a few we haven't. In the past we have mostly either booked a ship's excursion or just wandered around not far from the ship. But we would like to try doing our own thing a bit more. Anybody got any ideas for Cadiz, Malta, Venisce, Dubrovnik (we've done the walls!) Corfu, Cartagena and Gibraltar?
Ann

Sybella
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Sybella »

Not long now.

Return to “Arcadia Cruises 2013”