Beds on Azura

Discussions about anything related to Aurora

Topic author
Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Beds on Azura

Post by Orpheus »

My wife would like to know is it true that the beds are hard in C Deck balcony cabins on Azura only due to double hip replacements she is unable to sleep on hard beds. Any answers would really be appreciated

mollyh
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Beds on Azura

Post by mollyh »

The beds are quite firm and although they suited me fine my-husband also has had hip replacemets and found them too hard.It is possible to ask your steward to put an extra duvet under the bottom sheet.Hope this helps.

Topic author
Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

Thanks for the answer mollyh that has been really helpful I will now contact P&O to see if they could arrange a mattress topper for her bed.

JanattheNuthouse
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by JanattheNuthouse »

On most of the ships, I can usually cope with the mattresses but, in June, on Aurora, I asked for a folded duvet to be put under the bottom sheet as I had had raging sciatica for a couple of months and it certainly made sleeping more comfortable. I'm sure it will help.

Topic author
Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

JanattheNuthouse wrote:
On most of the ships, I can usually cope with the mattresses but, in June, on Aurora, I asked for a folded duvet to be put under the bottom sheet as I had had raging sciatica for a couple of months and it certainly made sleeping more comfortable. I'm sure it will help.
Thanks for that suggestion and yes my wife was given that on Arcadia in 2007 but it was not the best solution so I have now sent an email to P&O asking for a mattress topper.

Harriet
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Harriet »

Hi

Further to our recent exchange - just got off Azura. Although beds better than Arcadia i do advise the topper. I managed for a week but longer and I would have struggled!

Topic author
Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

Thanks for that Harriet we have now purchased a topper for our cruise on Azura in October it is 17 nights so could not take a chance. It is already packed and ready to go. :thumbup:

Harriet
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Harriet »

Have a wonderful cruise - we did - couldn't find fault with anything and best food we have had in ages with P&O!

Topic author
Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

Thanks Harriet really nice to hear something positive. :thumbup:

Return to “About Aurora”