Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 3
Furnishings: 4
Balcony: 5
Bathroom: 3
Stability: 4
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments

Allocated on a Saver fare and listed as balcony - obstructed view.
There is a small bit of ship structure to the extreme right of the balcony but in no way obstructs your view or use of the balcony.
There were no excessive movement problems but we were awoken by the aft thrusters one night when leaving port and 1.00 am.
The bathroom had a 'aroma' to it that never went away, but not strong enough to worry about.
The usual shower curtain issue that everyone seems to have.

If we sailed on Azrua again would I choose this cabin?
Yes, I probably would.
Empty vessels .. and all that

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews - Azura

Post by screwy »

Does anyone know if the balconies on D deck are as large as the ones on C deck .?
Mel

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

No they are not Screwy.
They are slightly smaller but the cabins are larger, sort of a mini suite but not quite.
The balcony is still a decent size (overlooked) and enormous if you compare to Britannia.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Thanks guys, decided to stick with the C deck cabin.
Mel

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

barney wrote: 08 Sep 2017, 14:55
No they are not Screwy.
They are slightly smaller but the cabins are larger, sort of a mini suite but not quite.
The balcony is still a decent size (overlooked) and enormous if you compare to Britannia.
In fact on Princess these cabins are marketed as mini suites. Same cabin. Different name. But very nice cabins

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

barney wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 10:18
Cabin Number: B753 - Aft over looking the wake
Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 3
Furnishings: 4
Balcony: 5
Bathroom: 3
Stability: 4
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments

Allocated on a Saver fare and listed as balcony - obstructed view.
There is a small bit of ship structure to the extreme right of the balcony but in no way obstructs your view or use of the balcony.
There were no excessive movement problems but we were awoken by the aft thrusters one night when leaving port and 1.00 am.
The bathroom had a 'aroma' to it that never went away, but not strong enough to worry about.
The usual shower curtain issue that everyone seems to have.

If we sailed on Azrua again would I choose this cabin?
Yes, I probably would.
Hi Barney, looking at C752 on Azura or Ventura, is the balcony as big as normal c deck balconies.? do you get the sun on them as much as the others.?
Thanks
Mel
Mel

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Sorry for the delay in replying Screwy, I've only just noticed this.

To answer your question, no, the rear balconies are not as deep as standard C deck and ours on B deck was fully covered.

On a long cruise, if you are a sun lover, I'd stick to the standard ones.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

barney wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 16:44
Sorry for the delay in replying Screwy, I've only just noticed this.

To answer your question, no, the rear balconies are not as deep as standard C deck and ours on B deck was fully covered.

On a long cruise, if you are a sun lover, I'd stick to the standard ones.
Not wishing to contradict you Barney, but I have had this cabin and it is as deep as the other C deck ones, and it is not fully covered. It has the very handy half in shade near the door and full sun in the open. The other thing is that this particular balcony does have a curve to it as it follows the shape of the ship around to the port/ starboard side so it is very spacious. I have booked this one on Ventura next September because I liked it so much. As a rule of thumb the lower the deck number the larger the aft cabin balconys get. I have had the D deck one as well and that is lovely!
The sun question is obviously dependant as to where it is, but I did feel that I got more of it on the aft. Obviously if the sun is directly forward I didn't , but I did seem to get the benefit even if it was say, on the port side! And of course the vista from the aft as you are cruising along is superb!

Maureen

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Thanks for the replies Barney and Maureenb. I was looking at it for either an Iberian or Canaries and was wondering if the position was favourable for the Sun. Obviously on a Port or Starboard cabin the sun will only be on the balcony either morning or afternoon. We will not join in the sun bed war on open decks.

Thanks again

Mel
Mel

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Weve taken the plunge and managed to change a couple of cruises to C752 and C753 from aft port side, just have to wait and see,we did have a stern cabin last year on Arcadia,another of Barney's and that was ok.
Mel

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

screwy wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 10:08
Weve taken the plunge and managed to change a couple of cruises to C752 and C753 from aft port side, just have to wait and see,we did have a stern cabin last year on Arcadia,another of Barney's and that was ok.
I'm sure you will enjoy those cabins. I always have. Another thing is that they are very quiet as there is hardly any footfall in the corridors at that end! Just make sure you remember to take anything you need when you go out for the day/night! It is a long walk back and forth! A good way to use up calories!! If you enjoy breakfast in the MDR you are perfectly placed for the Oriental restaurant from the aft lifts. Equally at night it is but a swift journey up to the Planet Bar for pre dinner drinks! Anywhere else involves a lot of walking!

Happy cruising!

Maureen

SUESYKES
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Cabin Reviews - Azura R407 R508

Post by SUESYKES »

Hi
Has anyone ever stayed in one of these larger inside cabins pros and cons? We have been moved from our PC grade inside to these as P&O said they needed one of our current cabins. I did get a choice and these were the larger inside which were more costly. We are a little more distant from each other. We could also have chosen B416 and B420 next to each other.
Many thanks
Sue

Return to “About Azura”