Cabin C753 - Have I made a mistake?

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

Cabin C753 - Have I made a mistake?

Post by Ess001 »

Morning all! Hubby and I have just got around to booking Azura's Caribbean cruise departing 27th December. We left it a little late to book and our favourite cabin B749 was all ready booked :( So we booked C753. I am now having second thoughts though - we love to sunbathe on our balcony when possible but is C753 overshadowed by the deck above. Should I have gone for another aft cabin even tough they are obstructed??

If anyone has stayed in this cabin on Ventura or Azura I'd be really grateful of your thoughts or photos.

Thanks everyone, and have a great Bank Holiday

Ess x

cornmillgirl
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Cabin C753 - Have I made a mistake?

Post by cornmillgirl »

Hi Ess001

We have just come off Azura and we were in C751 which is next door to C753. C753 has a cracking big balcony and they are covered over
from the deck above but we had plenty of sunshine during our Med cruise. In some places it was so hot (due to the position of the sun)
we had to come inside.

Hope that helps a little.

Topic author
Ess001
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ess001 »

Hi Cornmillgirl. Thank you so much for your reply. You have really put my mind at rest.

Thanks again

Ess x

cornmillgirl
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by cornmillgirl »

Hi Ess

Obviously there were times when the sun was not on the aft at all, but was still warm however what we did find on Azura was plenty of sun loungers and
space to chill outside on deck if the sun was not on our balcony.

For a balcony cabin C753's balcony was big, very deep and slightly wrapped round to the side, the couple in their were often sat out
as we could hear them.

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

cornmillgirl wrote:
the couple in their were often sat out as we could hear them.
Did you use just the normal tumbler? :thumbup: :wave:

BrianI
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by BrianI »

C deck balconies are twice the size of others. Half the balcony is covered and the other half not so you have the choice of sun or shade.
Brian

cornmillgirl
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by cornmillgirl »

oldbluefox wrote:
cornmillgirl wrote:
the couple in their were often sat out as we could hear them.
Did you use just the normal tumbler? :thumbup: :wave:
Actually OBF I used the flower vase out of the cabin, ensures clear sound!!!

gouty-man
Cadet
Cadet

Post by gouty-man »

BrianI wrote:
C deck balconies are twice the size of others. Half the balcony is covered and the other half not so you have the choice of sun or shade.
Brian
But this is an aft cabin so is entirely covered. We had the cabin below on D deck last summer. When the sun shines it is lovely, but physics and the law of averages dictate that you get less time in the sun than you would on a side balcony. We are going for the same cabin again this year, but having tried it will not do so again. The reason you hear the neighbours (good point - you only get them one side!) is that sitting on the balcony is akin to sitting beside a millrace. The noise of the water churning down below is quite intrusive and precludes the "quiet chat"! It is, however, an enormous balcony. With three of us in the cabin it was a good place to store a case that we couldn't get under the bed!

Return to “About Azura”