Azura 14th March - guess the destination!

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Azura 14th March - guess the destination!

Post by CaroleF »

Well we have been having great fun trying to see if we are actually going to Guadeloupe. It was on, then off, then on again. It was initially replaced as it has been on earlier cruises. with Dominica. This was a bit of a blow as we are already going to Dominica later in the cruise. Then Guadeloupe appeared again on 19th March and on the Cruise timetables site it has us there on the 19th. Then I read to day that Dominica where we were due to go on 23rd March had been replaced by St. Kitts. Assuming that Guadeloupe was still on that meant we wouldn't visit Dominica at all - a pity as my husband wandted to do the Champagne Reef Snorkel again (already booked). So I went on the CP to have a look and guess what! We are now not going to Guadeloupe on 19th but Dominica! And we are not revisiting Dominica on 23rd but going to St. Kitts! Not possible to book any trips in St. Kitts at the moment. So I decided to go to the Itinerary bit of the CP and - it was not available!

I wonder which island we will find ourselves visiting tomorrow? I assume that the trips we have booked for Dominica on 23rd will be rescheduled for the 19th - or is it safe to assume this?

Carole

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Azura 14th March - guess the destination!

Post by Dancing Queen »

Carole I wouldn't assume P&O will transfer your trips so I would check with them, if it is any consolation imo you are not missing anything by not going to Guadeloupe it is the only Caribbean island I have never wished to go back to, in fairness though we did not do a tour so there might be much it has to offer which we didn't see.
Jo

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Azura 14th March - guess the destination!

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Carole,
I think that now P & O have sent the mails out to pax you are safe in assuming you will be going to Dominica on 19 march and St kitts on 23 march. This means that as we do not arrive on ship till 21 March we will miss Dominica completely.

I love Champagne reef but would not want to go to Dominica on both 19 and 23 March. Just not enough different to see. We are back there next Xmas so reasonably happy to be going to St Kitts on. 23 March instead. We will head for South Friars which also has good snorkeling and also a great bar.

I feel sorry for the owner of the bar at Dominica Champagne reef as the trips go out from the sea not from the small stoney beach area.

Sue

Return to “About Azura”