Superier Delux Cabins Azura

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
mollyh
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Superier Delux Cabins Azura

Post by mollyh »

Has anyone had a cabin on E Deck.Was it OK ? A little worried about it being over Manhatten as we are light sleepers.Molly

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Superier Delux Cabins Azura

Post by david63 »

Not had one in that particular location but I am fairly sure that I have read that there can be some noise heard in some of the cabins that are above Manhatten.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

On the presently defunct P&O site cabins E720 >> E728 were best avoided due to speaker placement, there were also reports about the crew using this area until four in the morning.

Have to add that I have no way of knowing if these reports were correct, if P&O have improved the sound proofing on Azura or if those who reported the problems had sensitive hearing.

We booked a SDL cabin on D Deck, no problems, and would do so again but possibly E721 >>> E729 if the price was too cheap to refuse.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Juscrusin
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Juscrusin »

This is from my review on Ventura regarding E deck delux cabins - there are only a couple of cabins affected by the noise we were just unfortunate to be in one!

"Our cabin was on E deck a deluxe balcony number E730. First the good bits!! These type of cabins are very comfortable, spacious as you have the additional sofa area and with this one which is furthest aft has a double length balcony measuring approx 18ft long by 9ft wide! However if you do like your rest and a decent nights sleep DO NOT opt for this one!! On booking we did realise the Havana lounge was below what we didn’t know was there are sound system speakers on the ceiling in the Havana directly under the bathroom of our cabin. We did expect possibly we would have some noise from below but what we experienced was a nightmare.
The Havana is the late night disco venue so the music continues until at least 1.30am most nights and some nights it was getting on for 2.30-3am. We had to move our clothes apart in the wardrobe as if the hangers were touching they would clang and rattle from the vibration!! After our first couple of nights we did go the reception and comment on this fact and ask if there was anything that they or we could do but nothing was forth coming. After another couple of nights by nearly 2am my husband was at the end of his tether so went to the Havana only to find the only people there were six P&O crewmembers a stronger complaint was launched and an official comment card submitted the following morning although we received no response or contact over this. Two nights later the music and vibration continued until 3am and again my husband went to the Havana to find only four people still in the venue and again he went to reception and asked if something could be done the music did then stop about 10mins later. This was now the day before returning to Southampton and this time we did receive a telephone call from the cruise director who said we booked this cabin and the deck plan shows it is above the Havana. Yes we do not disagree however we should have been warned regarding the lateness of this venue and the fact some of the sound system speakers are on the ceiling below the vicinity of this cabin. We have stayed in cabin E720 five doors further up with no problems. We are now glad to be home and have decent nights sleep, never thought I would be so glad to be home after a cruise. "

The Invigilator
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by The Invigilator »

We were on Azura last year and had cabin E726, we are light sleepers and were thinking we had made a mistake booking it. But it was fine, lovely and spacious and although on the first couple of nights we could hear the base of the music from Manhattan we spoke to reception and they asked the DJ to turn the music down slightly and problem resolved. The only other time we heard it was on the last night when there was a special do on. Please don't worry and any problems just speak to reception. Hope you have a fab cruise :D

Return to “About Azura”