Azura Select Dining

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Azura Select Dining

Post by Romig1 »

We will be on Azura for Wina's birthday in May and will be in Monte Carlo that day. I thought we would book one of the select dining options on that evening and am edging towards Sindhu (Atul will be on the cruise too). We will definitely also be visiting the other options, but which would you choose for a celebration meal, and why?

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: Azura Select Dining

Post by Dark Knight »

Romig

It has to be Sindhu, the best Indian food ever and the atmosphere is superb, the food beyond excellent, the service brilliant
7 of us were there for my borthday last year and honestly you could not find a single fault with the whole evening
for the extra few quid we paid it was a steal
The tasting menu during the day is sublime, we had 4 plates or so plus cocktails on the last day aboard and it was wonderful

Sindhu , Matey, you will not be dissapointed
Nihil Obstat

Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Debbie W »

Another vote for Sindhu here! Also when Atul is onboard they do a special tasting evening with Atul hosting the table but you'd need to ask about it (it isn't widely publicised) and book it as soon as you get on.

The only advantage that XVII has over Sindhu is the outside dining area, but the Sindhu experience wins out every time!

Debs

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Definitely Sindhu. The whole experience is superb. Not typical Indian as we know it but more fusion. If you like it hot let them know. One tip though is that for some reason this restaurant is the coldest area on the ship. Tell Wina to take a jacket or a wrap.

I am not over keen on 17 but others love it. We have tried it twice. First time it was horrendous service that put us off but the food was okay. The 2nd time the service had improved and again the food was okay. It just isn't worth the £28 supplement compared to the excellent service and fabulous food you get in Sindhu. Can't wait to try it again in March.

Sue

Jaczs+
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jaczs+ »

I am not a lover of Indian food and went with Carlos reluctantly to Sindhu, how wrong was I fantastic food, fantastic service and a night to remember. I would recommend Sindhu for your meal but just to say 17 is also a wonderful venue.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Sindu is our favourite venue on Azura but for a dressing up a bit type celebration it has to be a ' shared ' meal in XVII.

ps ... ' shared ' means a Chateaubriand, or similar, rather than a burger cut in half :o
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I know Sindhu is many people's favourite on Azura but we prefer XVII. Indian food is not our favourite but we decided to go to Sindhu anyway to sample real Indian food. Our Steward advised us on the menu so we didn't pick too highly spiced or hot things. I cannot fault the restaurant, the service or the way the food is presented. I am sure if you like Indian food you will absolutely love Sindhu. For us it just underlined the fact that we don't like Indian food. I am not rubbishing the restaurant or its food just to say it's not for us. When we are on board in March we will probably go to XVII twice to try both menus. We had a fantastic evening there and the food was as good as the much missed Arcadian Rhodes restaurant.

Just another opinion!

Carole

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

All opinions are valid and welcome Carole. Thank you.

We are fans of Indian food, but appreciate that not everybody is.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Naturally the best answer is whichever one Wina would prefer. personally I would probably opt for XVII, not that I have anything against Sindhu (it is fantastic), but I know that Julie would have more choice. I also would not rule out Trattoria's which gave us a couple of excellent meals.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Most of the menu in the Trattoria is FOC as well. Just a few dishes attract a small supplement like the fabulous fillet steak on larva rock and the seafood platter. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Can't wait for March.

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Thanks for the heads-up about the Trattatoria - it sounds great (and I knew nothing about it).

Looks like we'll hardly be eating at our Club Dining table at this rate. I guess if we get some duff companions then we'll have plenty of choice of alternative venues! ;)

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

R
the trattoria is a nice venue, good food and as pointed out FOC

the lava rock steak is excellent
Nihil Obstat

Shirleybee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Shirleybee »

Romig, the small additional charge for the 'cook your own steak' is more than worth it. Melt in the mouth steak, three sauces, chippies, tomatoes & mushrooms. Delish.

Shirleybee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Shirleybee »

I do think that the service in XV11 and Sindhu make you feel very special ;)

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Shirleybee wrote:
Romig, the small additional charge for the 'cook your own steak' is more than worth it. Melt in the mouth steak, three sauces, chippies, tomatoes & mushrooms. Delish.

Wina has already decided that she wishes to try that Shirl - so thanks for that.

Do you think you could recommend some free options in future? I'm liking the sound of the free dishes in Trattoria.

Shirleybee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Shirleybee »

Ok then. Bruschetta to start which is ginormous, a Spag Bol for mains followed by Lemon Tart! (You get lots of different bread to accompany meal - Free!)

Debbie W
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Debbie W »

The tuna steak is free too and very nice :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Shirleybee wrote:
If, as the meal progresses, the Lava Rock cools a little then ask the waiter for a fresh one ... piping hot chips to follow :D
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Suekersh wrote:
Most of the menu in the Trattoria is FOC as well. Just a few dishes attract a small supplement like the fabulous fillet steak on larva rock and the seafood platter. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Can't wait for March.
The lava rock is my favourite, have had it a couple of times. I can also recommend the chocolate pudding they serve ... Julie loved it.

Serendipity
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Serendipity »

Interesting reading about your favourites restaurants on Azura, was recommended the Indian but I think Trattoria is going to be a must for us.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Ken, I tried the choc pud last time we were on. The choc just oozed out of the pud. A definite 'When Harry met Sally ' moment.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

That was Julies response as well :-)

GreenEyedKat
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by GreenEyedKat »

What type of food do they serve in XVII please? Sindhu sounds great to me but I would like to do something really posh for our anniversary while on Azura. We love the food on Oceania in The Polo Grill and also Prime C on Azamara - both do mainly steaks. Can you book before you board like Oceania?

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

You should be able to view the menus for 17 on the web site. From memory there were 2 different ones. One had the Cateaubriand on as well as another steak choice, Fish and duck. It is very much select dining with little amuse bouche between courses. The deserts are varied and they do a different flambé dish on each menu. Crepe suzzette is one and I think the other was spiced pineapple.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Sample menus can be found by clicking here

Return to “About Azura”