Here on Azura

Reports about cruises on Azura

Topic author
CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Here on Azura

Post by CaroleF »

Apologies if this isn't in the right place but the connection isn't good so taking the opportunity to post. At the end of our first two weeks on Azura but are doing a back to back so staying on till southampton. Had a great time - things that I can think of - no plated meals, don't know what happened to them. Vegetables and potatoes served by the waiters as usual. Waiters and wine waiter excellent. We are Peninsular restaurant 2nd sitting. Started on a table of 10 but that was rather a disappointment - just three elderly ladies and one other couple who didn't turn up every night so eventually we changed to a table of 8 - two of their people hadn't turned up either. Very successful. Wouldn't want a table of 10 again. Since then all well. Food good, waiters wanting to see that we are happy and offering to change things if we want. They described the always available dishes - salmon and chicken, not steak. Starters, melon, prawn cocktail or caesar salad. Beef Wellington last night, extremely tender, really good meal.

Entertainment very good, saw soul singer Clem Curtis last night now in his 70s used to be with the Foundations - had the audience on their feet at the end. Our outward flight was with thomas cook - all on time but still prefer Thomson. The entertainment system on Thomson is far better. TC still has films on a loop so you can't choose when to watch them.

Ports have been really good, not many other ships in with us, even in St. Maarten. Enjoyed Bonaire, first time in 11 years we've been there, more buildings but still enjoyed it. The library doesn't seem to be checking out books anymore - just told to take them - not sure why. Captain is David Pembridge - very people friendly. He's going to be the second captain on Britannia. Great announcement yesterday about details of the new cruises on the fleet - but just shows end destination, not the individual ports. A queue this morning for cruise down payment deposits.l We had the Peninsular Cocktail party in Manhattan last night - incredibly crowded, almost blocked the corridor until they divided the queue into those who wanted their photo taken with the captain and those who didn't. Managed to get one glass of fizz but didn't manage any canapes.

Dress code quite well adhered to, very few men without either suits or djs on formal evening - more dj than suits. Only met one moaner - mrs everything on Princess is better! Yet she has another cruise booked with P&O. I made the mistake of saying we had enjoyed Artemis - dreadful ship apparently - always had bad weather! Been to interesting set of lectures about Ruth Ellis, last one today, good lecturer, a forensic scientist. The cruise director should have been Neil Oliver but we have Benne who seems to be good and around the ship a lot.

Sorry this is disjointed, just typing as things ioccur to me. Half the ship leaves tomorrow, the others on Saturday. Doing the concorde trip tomorrow, and some shopping in Barbados. Not sure how much internet time I have left so hopefully this has given some insight into what is going on. Happy cruising.

Cajrole

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Here on Azura

Post by Jan Rosser »

Thanks for the report Carole - an old work colleague is on board with you and has posted several times how much she is enjoying it. On Ventura a few weeks ago we had plated meals - no extras - however we did have steak, chicken and salmon as the alternatives each night - seems as if P&O are phasing in the changes over the fleet. Enjoy your transatlantic trip home :wave:
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Good to hear from you Carole. Hope you are not causing too much mayhem onboard!!! I remember having a table next to yours once!!! :thumbup:
Interesting what you say about plated meals. I wonder if P&O have reverted back to the old formula?

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Glad you are enjoying it Carole, just a small request ...as you head back to the UK ( I realise it won't be for a week or so yet ) please could you bring us some Caribbean sunshine :clap: :clap:
Jo

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Glad you're having a good time, Carole.
Gill

cornmillgirl
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by cornmillgirl »

Great to hear how you are getting on Carole, as we are on Azura in four weeks (old blue fox will be there - hope he behaves himself, we are
meeting up for drinks with him and lady blue fox :)

Sounds like you are having fun and dont worry whether you think its disjointed or not, it makes for good reading, so hope you continue.

Weather here is mixed sun then rain then sun again, so send us some of that lovely Caribbean weather over.

Look forward to more updates.

Return to “Azura Cruise Reports”