My review Azura A803

Reports about cruises on Azura

Topic author
Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

My review Azura A803

Post by Happydays »

My review of the above cruise. I will give a summary of the different experiences we had. Here goes….

The flight
We upgraded to Premium Economy on Thomson Dreamliner and over all thought it was worth the extra cost. The flights in both directions were on time. There is definitely more leg room and the seats were bigger. The meals were actually nice and were eaten! In flight entertainment was the same in both directions but we did have a snooze on the way home I watched “Three Billboard” which I enjoyed my husband never watches anything on flights.

The Staff Service
Our cabin Stewart (Jeffery) was excellent, the cabin was always serviced in a timely manner. We didn’t see much of him but when we did he always greeted us by name and with a smile couldn’t want more. In the Oriental Restaurant the waiters while pleasant were not the most efficient we have had as there were often mistakes (table for 8) I know some will say they are busy but there was often people missing I presume to try different venues. The wine waiter convinced the people who had ordered half carafes of wine to take large glasses instead but then were given the wrong wine as it was a different waiter who served the order a bit like Fawlty Towers ha ha! We went to the Beach House near the end of the cruise with friends and had a lovely meal.

The Entertainment
We only went to see “Headliners” in the new show called Evolution and although the costumes and special effects were good we weren’t impressed with the music. “The Four Tunes” and “Runaround Kids” we enjoyed very much. We couldn’t get into the second show of RK they were popular. We also enjoyed Jon Clegg a comedian and Tony Wallace was acceptable although we have seen his show several times but the ventriloquist (I won't name him) was dire to say the least there were a lot of people near us walked out! We were tempted to but stuck with it until the end but definitely didn’t go to the second show.

Dress code
I know there are plenty who say it doesn’t matter but to me it does!! After getting an email about enforcing the dress code they didn’t! I saw people in the evening wearing shorts, t-shirts and flip flops even on formal nights :shock: Now it has always been that shorts etc should NOT be worn in the evening after 6pm on any evening and I don’t care that it was a Caribbean cruise that type of clothing is for the deck party, and day time. I’ll just mention while on the subject of passengers that I think there should be a time curfew in Brodies etc of 10.30pm for under 12’s as many evenings adults couldn’t get a seat because children were sleeping across the seats and some were crying due to being tired (I think)

Reception
Weren’t too good! Started off on the first day by being charged twice for the same service (Spa) took three visits to get that rectified. Then to crown it all on the final day when I decided to check what our balance was (we were expecting a low one as we had OBS) They charged us for another couple who had joined on Friday 23rd Feb (we joined on 10th Feb) so I quickly went to reception to get that removed we didn’t know the people, technically it wasn’t even the same cruise! That took some effort. When we got home we emailed P&O but haven’t had a reply yet. I really want to know how this could happen it must be some sort of security breach.

Well almost finished. Overall we had a great cruise we enjoyed ourselves meeting our friends on board and taking a variety of excursions and although the weather wasn’t as good as usually for the Caribbean we had some heavy rain showers that is something that can’t be changed. The emergency alarm did go of one night at 3.30am (false alarm)! Now to look forward to the next one in September... :wave:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: My review Azura A803

Post by oldbluefox »

Pleased you had an enjoyable cruise but it's concerning that so many problems were created by P&O whilst on board. I think we have come to expect better.
Last edited by oldbluefox on 11 Mar 2018, 12:12, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

A good review Happydays, well laid out, short and to the point. A shame about the problems you had.
While we bring these issues to P&O's attention when things go wrong it does make you wonder if you are just banging your head against a wall as the same thing just keep on happening.

Wake up P&O and listen to your customers.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Sadlythey don't seem to.
Gill

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Thanks for the report, tis always nice to read them and especially so after a long winter spent at home.

ps ... I always drink red wine from large glasses be it via the bottle or indeed the carafe.

pps .... welcome back :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

A quick update, I have had a phone call from P&O today telling me where have been problems with a new system that is linking people who have the same last four numbers on the card if one has already been registered then the system automatically thinks it's the same card!! Better check your balance early on so if it happens to you, you have time to get it rectified early on....

PS They have given me some extra OBS for our next cruise as a gesture of good will. Shall pay for a few large red wine's :lol:
Last edited by Happydays on 12 Mar 2018, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Happydays wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 16:22
A quick update, I have had a phone call from P&O today telling me where have been problems with a new system that is linking people who have the same last four numbers on the card if one has already been registered then the system automatically thinks it's the same card!! Better check your balance early on so if it happens to you, you have time to get it rectified early on....

PS They have given me some extra OBS for our next cruise as a gesture of good will. Shall pay for a few large red wine's :lol:

:thumbup:

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Thanks for the report. We weren’t impressed with the ventriloquist on Aurora. Did yours have an old man doll?

Pleased you enjoyed the cruise overall.

Sue

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Suekersh wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 18:50
Thanks for the report. We weren’t impressed with the ventriloquist on Aurora. Did yours have an old man doll?

Sue
No ... that was Foxy :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 10:02
Suekersh wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 18:50

Sue
No ... that was Foxy :lol:
Did you use the string method Moby or was it the hand up the jacksie :shock:

Topic author
Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

Yes, there was an old man absolutely terrible and two other puppets that weren't any better.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time, in spite of the niggles onboard
Gill

Return to “Azura Cruise Reports”