Reports about cruises on Azura

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Live from Azura in Caribbean

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all,

In st Lucia today. Yesterday was horrendous but now a distant memory. Long day but now it is ll worth while.

Dinner in freedom dining. A couple of wringers, bla bla. Getaway fares etc. paid too much etc. never cruise with p & o again etc. won't be dining with them again thank goodness.

Cabin fab balcony on C deck. Rowen a looking after us very well.

Sunny 30 degrees a bit of liquid sunshine this morning but didn't last long.

Went to the pitons this morning. P & O cancelled my snorkel trip with the onky notice a note in my cabin on arrival yeaterday and no one available to book another trip. Sorted this morning but poor service.

More tomorrow from St Kitts WI Fi permitting.

She

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Re: Live from Azura in Caribbean

Post by JenniC »

Glad you are enjoying, I so love C deck for balconies... Did you go to the rum shack....? Keep posting...
Jenni

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all,

Antigua today. Off ship early and got a taxi to Dickenson Bay. Walked back 5 mins long th bech to Cocoanut Grove. An idyllic spot. Small horse shoe bay with shallow turquoise water. Some rocks but no snorkeling as it is very soft sand.

Great cruise so far. Yesterday we were in St Kitts and went to South Friars Bay. Really cheap day out compared to other islands. Fabulous snorkelling and the Shipwreck bar is good value. Clear water for swimming and snorkelling. Monkeys and Mongoose running lid at th back of the bar but didn't see any on he beach.

Last night we ate in Sindhu with Flora. Another great meal and we have 2 more booked in there. After Sindhu we went dancing to Peters band in the Atrium. It was packed. A great night though. Nice to see lots of life later at night on board.

Tomorrow is St Marten and our last Caribbean Island before the relaxing sail home. So glad we don't have to fly back.

Sue

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

It sounds wonderful Sue. Get your woollies out ready for your return home. In the meantime enjoy your last day and have a lovely sail home. :wave:

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Sounds fab Sue - St Maartens is one of my favourite islands. I love the sail home hope you get good weather. Don't want to wish your holiday away but take care of Azura - I'll be boarding her on your return :thumbup:
Janis

sunseeker16
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by sunseeker16 »

That all sounds lovely. Enjoy the rest of your cruise, calm seas on the way back and please bring Azura home safely so we poor sun-starved, freezing, people can board her and find some Mediterranean sunshine

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

You can really go off people especially when there is about 6" of snow outside and it's -2 or -3 :lol: :lol:

Glad you are having a good time Sue and hopefully once you are back home there will be better weather to greet you :D
Jo

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Enjoy the rest of your cruise Sue, relax and catch up when you get back :D
Jenni

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Hi Sue, thanks for the reports.

I look forward to reading of your exploits. Why was the snorkelling cancelled - lack of demand?

Say "Hi" to Flora for me when you see her?

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all from beautiful St Maarten. On the beach at Captain Jacks bar. 2 sun beds and a brolly 15 dollars bucket of bear another 10 dollars free WI Fi all day which reaches right onto the beach. Only 2 ships in today so feels quieter than normal.
Very hot already and only 10am.
Our son has just sent a photo of his garden in Rochdale. Couldn't see anything but very deep snow. They are supposed to be flying to Spain tomorrow fron Leeds Bradford so hope they get away okay or they will have 2 very disappointed children to deal with.

Last night was Tropical party on deck and for once it was calm and little wind. A good atmosphere round the pool area and breakers bar. This ship has so much entertainment that it is difficult to choose what to do. We saw Matt Munro tribute before the party, we have seen him before but he is so good worth seeing gain. We managed an hours dancing in the Atrium not quite as busy last night so got a good workout. So need it as I am eating far too much. I come away with such good intentions........

Tonight we are going to Verona with Flora for the fillet steak cooked on lava rock. That is after the Great British Sailaway, lets see if we can out ing the Brilliance of the seas.

Promise to look after the ship for all you lucky people that get on as we get off but can't promise to leave you any food or booze its a long trip home. Lol.

Hope you are not suffering too much with the bad weather but please make ure it has all gone for a week on Thursday.

Its so hot I need to sign off now and get in the beautiful azure blue sea which is so warm but refreshing, then it must be ice cold beer time. It is such a hard life. Wish you were here?

Sue

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Sue - glad to hear you are enjoying St Maartens - do we wish we were there - I think you've been drinking too much of that beer :lol: course we do :cry: It is so cold here - hope it warms up before you get home :D
Janis

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all from Azura in the Azores. Noticeably cooler but still 18 degrees in the sun. We have been so lucky with the weather and have had a sunny calm sail up to now. Great cruise. We have immigration boarding today. Never had this before on our sail home from the Caribbean. Don't know what that is all about.

Hope the weather warms up for Thursday and that the snow has all gone.

Sue

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Suekersh wrote:
Hi all from Azura in the Azores. Noticeably cooler but still 18 degrees in the sun. We have been so lucky with the weather and have had a sunny calm sail up to now. Great cruise. We have immigration boarding today. Never had this before on our sail home from the Caribbean. Don't know what that is all about.

Hope the weather warms up for Thursday and that the snow has all gone.

Sue
No chance Sue - just been out for a walk and it is freezing and that is the South.. Get the thermals out ;)
Jenni

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all,
Back home now, cases unpacked and 2 wash loads done. Post opened and we won on the lottery whilst away. Nothing to get too excited about but nice to come home to good news.

Immigration went very smoothly and perhaps we need to teach the Americans how to do it. Face to face immigration took all of 20 seconds. Queue was very short about 5 other couples before us. Still don't know why it was necessary but could be the officials just wanted a jolly to the Azores on the tax payer.

The purser insisted that it is law that it must be done on any fly cruise out return to the SH by ship. If that is the case then the law has been broken on our 6 previous TA cruises.

Weather stayed good all the way back to SH. very sunny but a cool breeze getting colder the nearer we got. Whilst sailing up past the Lisbon coast although further West we were eating lunch on the balcony in swim wear when dark clouds came over. It was still warm so we just moved the chairs under cover and continued with lunch. It then started hail stoning, thunder and lightening. Within 10 minutes it was glorious warm sunshine again. Very strange weather.

Coach trip home was excellent. Back to the diet now ready to sail off on Azura again at the end of May.

Sue

Mad4cruising
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Mad4cruising »

Lovely to read your report Sue, you will surely be back in the swing of things now. We are joining her again in 3 weeks, got a good half price getaway deal being it on. Our favourite ship Azura.

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Not quite in the swing if things yet. Back to work tomorrow by 10 am I guess the holiday will seem weeks ago. We have been so busy since we got back sorting out bookings for next year that the holiday mode hadn't quite left us yet.

Have a Great cruise.
Sue

Return to “Azura Cruise Reports”