Cabin Reviews - Oceana

Discussions about anything related to Oceana

Topic author
JenniC
Ex Team Member

Cabin Reviews - Oceana

Post by JenniC »

Following a suggestion from a member we have set up this thread for Cabin Reviews under each of the About "Ship" sections so please feel free to add your review.

To facilitate the search for a particular cabin it would be helpful when adding a review if you try and post in the standard format as recommended below. To assist you can copy and paste this format into your post and then complete as required. However, ALL reviews in whatever format are welcome :thumbup:

Cabin Number:
Overall Rating: 1* to 5*****
Cleanliness: 1* to 5*****
Furnishings: 1* to 5*****
Balcony: 1* to 5*****
Bathroom: 1* to 5*****
Stability: 1* to 5*****
Quiet Cabin?: 1* to 5*****
Comments:

If you have any pictures of the cabin you would like to share, please upload to the Gallery and post the link in your review.
Pictures regarding the obstructed cabins on all the ships can be located on here ...
https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet ... ted-views/

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Jenni

HK phooey
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: Cabin Reviews

Post by HK phooey »

This is a great idea Jenni and I though I'd do it while I can still remember so here goes;

Cabin Number: A640
Overall Rating: 5*****
Cleanliness: 5*****
Furnishings: 5*****
Balcony: 4*****
Bathroom: 4*****
Stability: 4*****
Quiet Cabin?: 5*****
Comments: I was really happy with this cabin overall. The only reason a star was lost for the balcony was that there was a fair bit of chipped paint lying around, otherwise fine. The bathroom was great, not as small as I'd been led to believe and would have got 5 stars if it wasn't for the hideous nylon shower curtain that wraps itself around you like an amorous strip of cling film. You really don't feel a lot of movement in the cabin but the BOB was a bit rough cming home and I did about 50 headstands during the night :( This cabin is a couple of steps away from the lifts and the flight of stairs that leads to kids club (you can't hear it) which was very handy for us having children with us. There is nothing above it that causes any noise during the day or night and I would definitely book it again. It is a 4 berth with 2 pull down bunks. I'll add a photo later.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Ship: Oceana
Cabin Number: C711
Balcony: N/A
Bathroom: 5*****
Stability: 5*****
Comments:

Very quiet, as in the centre of a crossways passage, so hardly anyone would be going past. We've had this cabin twice.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

Well as I'm to blame for suggesting this, I should contribute!
Cabin Number: C706
Overall Rating: 4****
Cleanliness: 3***
Furnishings: 4****
Balcony: 3***
Quiet Cabin?: 4*****
We liked the location of this cabin because it was very convenient for the aft lifts. Although it was opposite the butler’s pantry, this wasn’t a problem except very occasionally we heard crockery rattling and on crossing the BoB in very rough seas, there was a loud crash in the middle of the night!!
The balcony had lots of paint flakes lying on it and needed a good clean (which I did!) but our steward was too excited about going home to worry about anything. The furnishings were in better condition that the last time we were on Oceana. We’d choose this cabin again.
Thanks to JenniC for setting this thread up.

Mad4cruising
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Cabin Reviews - Oceana

Post by Mad4cruising »

Cabin Number: C744
Balcony: 5*****
Quiet Cabin: 5*****
Comments:

This was probably the only ever time we shall be able to enjoy a suite - aft-end Mini suite and we were spoilt.

We were offered this cabin upgrade for £300 for the GE to the Fjords. There was a lovely sitting area, the bedroom which could be separated by a curtain. A dressing room at the back, alongside a lovely bathroom with two basins and a whirlpool bath. A separate toilet could also be accessed from the corridor from the main door. We had a lovely big balcony with table and chairs and loungers also. Opposite the bed was a flat screen TV and also another in the sitting area. A coffee machine was available but we didn't use it. An iron and board were in the dressing room, where there was plenty of hanging space and shelves, also a large set of drawers in the bedroom.

Champagne was in the suite on arrival and each evening the butler bought our canapés. The steward was very discreet and efficient, certainly a long term steward. We were not aware till later that as we were in a suite we could have priority boarding and the special lunch onboard too! And the are ready earlier from 1pm.

As the weather whilst we were in the Fjords was superb in Stavanger we enjoyed the privacy of the loungers on the balcony and came home with a good sun tan.

As mini-suites on Oceana are considerably more than balcony cabins, never despair the upgrade fairy may come along to you too, and at that price for the two of us it was well worth it.....

gravy1955
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by gravy1955 »

Ship:Oceana
Cabin Number: D228 (outside- forward port)
Overall Rating: 4***
Cleanliness: 3***
Furnishings: 3***
Balcony: n/a
Bathroom: 3***
Stability: 5****
Comments:
Cabin situated forward of ship on D deck. Although situated near the "Footlights Theatre" heard no noise from any of the shows.Very quiet cabin.Only occasional noise heard from thrusters when entering and manouvring in harbour in early morning.
Nice large picture window gives extensive seaview and there is plenty of living space. Wardrobe space adequate
Bathroom functional but small- sink plug broken but never repaired. Decor in cabin looking tired.Some drawers missing from bedside cabinet .Only one armchair in a cabin meant for two people
Kettle in cabin with tea and coffee sachets kept replenished by steward.Small flat screen TV but adequate for purpose.
Overall, despite the minor faults regarding the decor and the furnishings I would use this cabin again as it was very convenient for the lifts and "Winners" bar and also very stable and quiet. No outside noise whatever to disturb a good night's sleep and my wife who is prone to travel sickness never once felt queasy whilst in there.

Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Cabin Number: B732 - balcony - aft - port side
Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 4
Balcony: 4
Bathroom: 4
Stability: 3
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments:
We were very worried about this cabin, as we had our children with us and the room looked tiny with one fixed berth and 3 pullman beds. We didn't have to worry - it was fine. The room and balcony are a bit smaller to other cruise cabins we have experienced but we weren't cramped. The bathroom was a little smaller which we knew about but not as small as some had warned. It was an excellent position to use the aft stairs to get to children's club, and not to bad to walk on deck 12/14 to the Plaza. To get to Atrium/MDR it was down to deck 7 at the aft and then walk forward through the photography section to the Atrium, so no problems.
Felt all movements on rough days and thrusters when coming into port, but it wasn't too bad overall.
Bit disappointed you can't view your on board account on the tv like Ventura but not a real problem.

makina
Cadet
Cadet

Post by makina »

Cabin Number: B753 Aft Mini-suite

Comments:
We went for a mini suite as a treat as it was our 1st cruise and we got married. Has a nice sitting area, with the sofa converting into our son bed. Main bedroom is separated by a curtain. A very lovely bathroom with two basins, shower cubicle, whirlpool bath, & a separate toilet. We had a lovely big balcony with 2 small tables, 2 chairs and 2 loungers. 1 tv in main bedroom and another in the sitting area. The usual tea making facilaties & a coffee machine. Also had iron and board, 2 massive wardrobes with plenty hanging space and shelves, & couple of sets of drawers. Champagne, chocolates & flowers was in the suite on arrival and we had daily canapés which the seagulls enjoyed. Great cabin will loads of room for our 2 year old to run around & will be hard for us when we book our next cruise to have anything smaller.

Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Emrobo wrote:
Cabin Number: B732 - balcony - aft - port side
Overall Rating: 4
Cleanliness: 5
Furnishings: 4
Balcony: 4
Bathroom: 4
Stability: 3
Quiet Cabin?: 5
Comments:
We were very worried about this cabin, as we had our children with us and the room looked tiny with one fixed berth and 3 pullman beds. We didn't have to worry - it was fine. The room and balcony are a bit smaller to other cruise cabins we have experienced but we weren't cramped. The bathroom was a little smaller which we knew about but not as small as some had warned. It was an excellent position to use the aft stairs to get to children's club, and not to bad to walk on deck 12/14 to the Plaza. To get to Atrium/MDR it was down to deck 7 at the aft and then walk forward through the photography section to the Atrium, so no problems.
Felt all movements on rough days and thrusters when coming into port, but it wasn't too bad overall.
Bit disappointed you can't view your on board account on the tv like Ventura but not a real problem.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Cabin Number: L344
Balcony: 4****
Bathroom: 4****
Stability: 4****

In layout, this cabin was a virtual clone of C503 that we were in last year. The only differences being: - The balcony rail had recently been varnished, and had some drips on the underside that had not had the chance to fully dry. The bed was rather softer than the other cabin, but on the plus side, the shower curtain in this cabin did not choose to wrap itself around you at the slightest opportunity. The TV picture was rather grainy, and occasionally dropped out for several seconds. The cause of the poor signal wasn't obvious - unlike once on Adonia where the aerial lead had come away from the plug connecting it to the TV (which I fixed myself). The location, very close to the forward staircase/lifts was ideal for my wife who cannot walk very far, and although it was directly below the Plaza restaurant, we never heard any noise from there (or anywhere else for that matter.) Being high up (deck 12) we probably experienced more movement than those a few decks below, but it wasn't uncomfortable. I would happily chose a cabin in this location again.

welshynurse
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by welshynurse »

Cabin Number: L340
Overall Rating: 4*****
Balcony: Inside Cabin

Cabin was in good location in that it was very close to the lifts and the door to get outside. It was directly below the Plaza kitchens though, so at 23.00 every night there was a lot of banging and scraping for about half an hour, and again about 6 ish, although I was already awake the one time I heard that, so it wasn't loud enough to disturb sleep. Otherwise, it was pretty quiet.
There was a lot of movement, being so high up and near the front, but then since we had force 10 winds on Friday, I don't think there were many places that weren't rocky!
The TV was angled in a way that you could only see it properly in one bed, it was a bit dark from where I was sitting and was fixed into place so you couldn't reposition it

Other than that there was really nothing at all to fault, and our cabin stuard was excellent

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

I had put this elsewhere as I could not find this thread. So here it is now that I have found it.

Cruise Line: P&O
Cabin Number: A341
Overall Rating: 3*** to 4****
Cleanliness: 1*
Bathroom: 3***
Quiet Cabin?: 3***

On our arrival to our cabin we found it was smaller than other inside cabins we have had in the past on both Aurora & Oriana.
The cabin has a Pullman for one extra person but to be realistic there really isn't the room and most certainly the wardrobe space would be limited for three persons.
We had the beds made up into a double & because the bedside cabinet was a double type this was put under the Pullman and so the other side did not have anything. We asked for a small table to be placed there so that I would have at least something to put a cup or book on.
When OH was moving the telephone to one side he noticed that the dialling buttons were absolutely filthy, there were huge amounts of dirt that must have been months of crud. The remote control was no better. We ended up checking the entire cabin and I have to say it was the dirtiest one we have ever had. It felt as if it hadn't ever been cleaned. Our steward was not the best we have had either.
The air conditioning was loud but the surrounding area of the cabin was quiet and the positioning meant we had no direct neighbours since to our right was the stewards stairwell and to our left it was a stores cupboard, so it was good in that respect.
Other things that were a little bit awkward in design and movement around the cabin were the light switch for the bathroom was behind the door instead of immediately outside of it, so if you forgot to switch it on you had to step out of it and go behind the door. The door of the bathroom crashed into the chair of the vanity mirror and table, so if you wanted to use it and your OH was in the bathroom or you wanted to go in you have to get up push chair in, open the door, shut door and then pull chair out to sit down again. Floor space around the cabin was small and you found yourselves falling over each other. I mention this only because the inside cabins on Oriana & Aurora are more spacious. The hair dryer was excellent.
Having said all that it did not spoil our enjoyment of our cruise E304 or the enjoyment of the rest of the ship, a truly lovely cruise.

davecttr
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by davecttr »

Cabin Number: E318
Balcony: *****
Stability: 4****
A nice inside cave on E deck forward close to the amenities, has 3 cabins adjacent but actually only 2 as one side is a pipe valve locker. Only has beds in fixed single configuration. Being well forward can be bouncy in rough weather. I booked this cabin again for this summer

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Cabin No. C749 - Orissa Suite
Overall rating: 5*****
Balcony: 5*****+

All Oceana's 6 suites are at the aft, each having a minisuite on one side of it. The suites on C deck have the largest balconies - huge! We had two steamer chairs with proper mattresses, two upright chairs with reclining backs, four ordinary chairs, a table and a small stool - we used it as a table. The interior of the suite is very large too. There is a hallway which has a door leading into the toilet - another door from the toilet leads into the bathroom. In the sitting area there is a three seater settee, a table (the height can be adjusted if you want to use it for a meal), two chairs, a desk with lots of drawers, a large unit which houses a television, the fridge and a wet bar (sink) with cupboard above for glasses of which there are many. There is an entrance to the sleeping area which can be shut off by a curtain.

In the bedroom there is a door to the bathroom which has a whirlpool bath, a separate shower with proper door, large sink area (all in marble) and then a door into the toilet so the toilet can be accessed either from the bathroom or from the hallway. Also in the bedroom is a door leading to the walk-in wardrobe which also houses the safe, the trouser press and iron and ironing board as well as lots of hanging space, one long hanging area and one doubled up - one rack above another.

There is a queen size bed - two 3ft beds zipped together, very comfortable. Then there is are floor to ceiling windows - looks like a patio door but it doesn't open. In the sitting room is the patio door which leads to the balcony. We were amazed by the number of drawers in the suite - my husband counted them - 21! You can also access the wet bar from the bedroom as there is an opening in the wall unit. There is also a tv facing the bed.

I have said that it is a quiet cabin but you do hear the noise of the wake - we love it but some people may consider it a noise. The suites and aft minisuites are at the aft of the ship so it's somewhat of a walk from the middle lifts but nothing too awful and it does mean that it is quiet.

This has been my favourite cabin on any P&O ship and I'd go back to it in a flash if the opportunity arose.

Just one point after reading about people's comments on the minisuites - the aft minisuites are very different from the midship ones - we think the aft ones, particularly on C deck are far superior to the midship ones but others may prefer to be in the middle of the ship. The balconies on the C deck aft minis - C744 and C747 are large whereas the midship balconies are like two balcony cabins joined together so they are long and narrow.

Carole

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

Cabin nos. C212,216,222 inside forward
Overall rating 4
Cleanliness 5
Furnishings 4
Bathroom 5
Location 4
Stability 3
Quiet cabin 5

Our family were in these 3 cabins all next door to one another. Only problem was the movement as we were very far forward. Son's cabin did have an issue with the cabin key not working which locked his girlfriend out for 2 hours and missed the sailaway from Southampton. Several visits and phone calls to reception to complain but they didn't seem to bothered about it.

wilson2579
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by wilson2579 »

wilson2579 wrote:
Cabin nos. C212,216,222 inside forward
Overall rating 4
Cleanliness 5
Furnishings 4
Bathroom 5
Location 4
Stability 3
Quiet cabin 5

Our family were in these 3 cabins all next door to one another. Only problem was the movement as we were very far forward. Son's cabin did have an issue with the cabin key not working which locked his girlfriend out for 2 hours and missed the sailaway from Southampton. Several visits and phone calls to reception to complain but they didn't seem to bothered about it.

Forgot to say that between C212 and C216 there was a stewards cupboard where he kept his trolley. He pulled it out around 6 in the morning which was very noisy.

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Cabin nos. E339, E349 inside forward
Overall rating 4
Cleanliness 5
Furnishings 4
Bathroom 5
Location 5
Stability 3
Quiet cabin 5 - despite the family next door making a racket on a couple of nights and being right underneath the Yacht & Compass

E339 is the first cabin on the left as you leave the atrium on the starboard side, E349 two doors down. Both had good floor space and seemed to be bigger than previous cabins we've had on Oceana. Through the aft wall of E349 is the "janitor's cupboard", but we never heard a sound from our steward, even though he was in and out of there a lot. We'd very happily book these cabins again.

My only criticism of it would be that access to the bathroom is difficult if someone is sitting at the dressing table.
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Solent Richard
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Solent Richard »

makina wrote:
Cabin Number: B753 Aft Mini-suite

Comments:
We went for a mini suite as a treat as it was our 1st cruise and we got married. Has a nice sitting area, with the sofa converting into our son bed. Main bedroom is separated by a curtain. A very lovely bathroom with two basins, shower cubicle, whirlpool bath, & a separate toilet. We had a lovely big balcony with 2 small tables, 2 chairs and 2 loungers. 1 tv in main bedroom and another in the sitting area. The usual tea making facilaties & a coffee machine. Also had iron and board, 2 massive wardrobes with plenty hanging space and shelves, & couple of sets of drawers. Champagne, chocolates & flowers was in the suite on arrival and we had daily canapés which the seagulls enjoyed. Great cabin will loads of room for our 2 year old to run around & will be hard for us when we book our next cruise to have anything smaller.
Thank you so much. Once Adonia goes Oceana will be the only P&O ship I've not sailed on.

That is shortly to be righted as I too have booked a mini-suite.

Thanks again.

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

Cabin Number: B418 Mini-Suite Mid-ship

Comments:
I’ve given the bathroom a 4* because the toilet area is tiny and contains the only washbasin. Apart from that it’s a lovely cabin.

nannajan13
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by nannajan13 »

Cabin Number: F325
Cleanliness: 4****
Furnishings: 3***
Bathroom: 2**
Quiet Cabin?: 4****

Outside cabin forward/midship was upgraded to this cabin from an aft outside on D deck one of which we also had on the cruise so easy to compare.
The upgrade must be purely made because of the location the cabin appeared smaller than the lower grade on D deck although this could have been down to configuration as F325 has two upper berths, also the F deck cabins have a much smaller windows to those cabins on higher decks. Bathrooms in both cabins very small with fixed head shower with shower curtain, toilet and sink. White Company toiletries of shampoo conditioner and hand and body lotion. The cabin had one extra wardrobe to that on D deck, the cabin location was excellent very convenient for everything, reception, lifts embarkation disembarkation etc.
I would stay in this cabin again but wouldn't pay extra for the location as there are aspects to it that are inferior to those on higher decks.

Return to “About Oceana”